Remote Contol Cars

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 5 nitro cars. 4 on road, and 1 semi-off roader. All are GV and rarely get used these days unless i'm really bored.

My pride and joy has 3 times the hp of standard and 3 broken gearboxes as proof :fuzz:

I've also got a plane hanging from my ceiling, which has only taxied around my back yard. I have to get new battery packs, and join a club etc.....too hard basket.

post-336-1281598094_thumb.jpg

post-336-1281598121_thumb.jpg

post-336-1281598137_thumb.jpg

Edited by kangaroosa

ive had a few RC cars over the years,

started off witha tamiya super hornet about 8yrs ago, epic car, with weak as rear suspension mounts. glued that thing back together so many times, and it just came back for more.

then moved onto onroad, got a kyosho TF3, another excelent car, used to go through belts quite often, was wicked fast even with standard engine, and handled great. still go this, but its had all the good parts pilphered.

then i got a tamiya tt01?, not a bad car, but knowwhere near as good as TF3. sold that not long ago.

then i bought my first petrol car, a kyosho Fw05t, wicked fast car as well, the 2-speed is awesome, had alot of fun tuning the thing trying to make it run right, but i kept breaking things, and i sold my remote with the tt01. so currently it sits in a box, with the engine wrapped up in an oily rag, with no radio gear.....dying. should get it going again, but it might be cheaper and easier to just buy a brand new one....

id love to buy an RC plane, but scared i will destroy it on first outing.

I've got a Traxxas nitro sport, goes alright but everytime I drive it I smash something.

I hit a big jump a while ago in my yard, throttle stuck on, she took off, launched off the kerb, cleared the neighbours fence and hit his roof gutter..... Gold.

I only play with it when I can be bothered buying and fixing whatever broke off. I think I'll get one of the HPI Firestorms, sick looking truck.

I love stadium trucks. 2WD rules.

I spent the best part of my youth racing electric off road radio controlled cars. Travelled all around Australia doing it too. I don't even want to think of how much money I spent

This thread, and the fact I drive past the Littlehampton (on road) Track regularly, are giving me the hunger to buy one again. Off Road Racing has pretty much died in the arse though, on road is where it is at these days and nitro is way more popular than it ever was :P

Philbey - Stadium Trucks are awesome. Have a browse on Youtube for Truck Racing at like a World Championship Level. The way those fellas make them handle and drive them that well is just amazing. Well I was always amazed by it anyway watching it at Nationals in Australia :D

i am running a mgt 8.0 it has a 8.2cc motor 5hp, run it on 30% nitro the thing spin's all 4 wheels on the road and i have to run a wheelie bar to

stop it from flipping on it's roof when i hit the throttle.

spent alot of money on it and drive it about twice a year i keep jumping it over car's and off wall's and breaking it.

i have seen a guy on you tube jump one over a house and thought i will try it but snapped out of it.

• 1 month later...

I've got about 20 rc cars, mainly older vintage ones.

Really though they bore me these days, RC Planes are way faster, more fun and challenging.

Currently putting together a Hotliner, a bit like this...

Or this...

:cool:

Edited by Felix