Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Block Cubed

Featured Replies

I'd say he's done more then just practice on the course. Like, when you see the on-board external camera shots and then go to the distance shots where's the on-car cameras ?

I get the feeling he's gone though a section with the on-car camera mounted, stopped, taken the camera off and re-started. Its all sections joined together.

 

I actually had this discussion and said that at road & track with his 1st video.

 

It would be to make it look like he has done the track with no mistakes, although I don't understand why they kept the wall tap.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's kinda the point of those video's, promotional purposes. He's won numerous rallies and i think he's a great driver. Feel free to flame me as you like, just voicing my opinion.

That's kinda the point of those video's, promotional purposes. He's won numerous rallies and i think he's a great driver. Feel free to flame me as you like, just voicing my opinion.

 

Welcome back.

 

I think he is a good driver, I just think people are getting a little too over excited with his driving in saying that he is the best driver in the world, there are a lot more greater drivers out there.

Hey, whatever sells the product :P I think the reason everyone's getting hyped over it is cause there aren't really any other video's of the same type and they've noticed that and thought "Hey, people like this, sales have gone up, lets make more!". I preferred it when he was in the subaru though.

I actually had this discussion and said that at road & track with his 1st video.

 

It would be to make it look like he has done the track with no mistakes, although I don't understand why they kept the wall tap.

Yeah true true. I'd say maybe the reason they kept the tap is to try and show he can make a mistake. I like the bit where just after it them go to the in-cabin shot and he's mouthing "Phuck".

They also did the same thing back in his first clip, where he does a slide in an area thats "fenced off" with a wooden bank. Takes out about half the bank along with half his rear section of the car, but in the next shot its all back together again....

 

Hey, whatever sells the product :P I think the reason everyone's getting hyped over it is cause there aren't really any other video's of the same type and they've noticed that and thought "Hey, people like this, sales have gone up, lets make more!". I preferred it when he was in the subaru though.

Ditto, i liked the u-r-a-bus more.

 

Long time no hear, Tommy. Good to see your still kicking :D

I still lurk, just have no corolla and not alot to say =P I doubt people would want to hear me rant about how stupid my barina is.

Edited by TommyGun

I still lurk, just have no corolla and not alot to say =P I doubt people would want to hear me rant about how stupid my barina is.

 

beep-beep barina.

 

Don't matter what you drive after you havebeen in the community.

Welcome back.

 

I think he is a good driver, I just think people are getting a little too over excited with his driving in saying that he is the best driver in the world, there are a lot more greater drivers out there.

 

Agreed. Atkinson for a start is better. And I know one guy in Qld who was better than Atkinson. (No, before anyone says anything, it's not me...)

 

The real trick that would make me sit up, is doing these things in one take, preferably from the incar.

If you want a skilled 1 run video check out

 

I could be wrong but I'm convinced this is a 1 run vid as there are no skids on the road in front of him only behind.

I'm being picky on it 2:13 there's a wing type thing above his back window with a camera facing backwards and then at 2:15 its gone.... It wasn't there before hand at 1:55 :hmm:

Agreed. Atkinson for a start is better. And I know one guy in Qld who was better than Atkinson. (No, before anyone says anything, it's not me...)

 

The real trick that would make me sit up, is doing these things in one take, preferably from the incar.

 

 

+2

 

Ken there's a reason why he's not on the Castrol list...... he not good enough. If he was that good of a driver wouldn't one of the F1 teams snapped him up by now!? :hmm:

I'd agree that it is sections joined up, and he's obviously gone over it a few times.. AND he actually clips the wall a couple of times... but he's probably the best at doing this in the world, and I think he's just done one of the WRC rounds and did very well in it.

They ARE joined up.

 

Look at the first video that was released where Block turns around the marker just before the Segway rolls on by.

 

Check the camera location on the driver side rear window when it replays it ;)

Block is in the WRC. Started this year, he is aiming for top 3 by the end of his second season... I hope he gets there :)

This is like a "Goofs" bit on IMDB :wink:

 

How about when his tyres are fine at the end then all of a sudden he's sparking the rims..... :laff:

 

Lets not nit pick, its fun to watch and obviously wasn't intended to be perfect. :y:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.