Challengeing Question

225skilla

Hey guys just wanted to test some brains out on here, ive been doing up a 4k motor and what ive done too it is as follows, Head shaved ported and polished, race cam thige 401, heavy duty springs, block decked and alligned and crank ballanced, flywheel lightened too 6 kg twin 42mm webers high flow extractors etc etc, now here is the question after spending so much time putting it back together, ran for bout 2 mins and stopped with a really bad graunching and died right then and there, will be pulling it apart tomorrow to find out what the cause is just wanted to see if someone out there could guess and see if someone gets it right ill let yas know tomorrow night so good luck guessing!post-11859-090552700 1287042557_thumb.jpgpost-11859-098442800 1287042597_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

oil starvation!

Really hope you did have oil in it, that would have just been really dumb.

Dropped a lobe on cam shaft.

If you didnt run it at 2000RPM straight away then the cam wont bed in correctly and will damage lifters.

And reground cams I have seen them jsut drop a lobe snap off etc. can happen so my bed valve train.

Cam

I'm with Cam too. I also hope the lifter were re-faced?

Well found out what it was.... Here we go but before i do thanks everyone who had a go would like to let everyone know the car is now up and running was not oil starvation or valve train stupid me put the wrong bolt on the cam gear (retarded i know but come on we all make mistakes) and it fell off, the lifters were re faced, after extensive examination I'm very surprised it has not wrecked any thing at all just a grind mark on the cam cover,is this normall? i thought it would have f@c$ed but for now the cam is bedded in and is running i think trd ke70 got the closest and is the winner have a small clip of the car running will try get it uplater