Teds Project Ke70 ~ The Blue Car

Teddy

F*** ME This thread is another of those I love reading and lokoing at the pictures. The photos help the story move along nicely. Really appreciate the time and effort into uploading and posting it.

In fact the photos of the individual parts and the naming is a really helpful reference to n00b's like moi haha... really sh!t hot work there and really reckon you could pdf the whole thing and let people download the whole document - to print or read. As in some respects it's giving me some inspiration to get the rust sorted on my ke70 and follow in your footsteps............ maybe in the future sometime!

Cheers and keep them coming dude

Members dont see this ad

Hola Amigos !

Thanks for the comments family !

The T-man's had some time off dealing with other things in life, but still keeping tabs on hunting down the endless list of parts required for the old girl. 

Discovered a new bonnet this week, and front 45mm strut inserts for the shock absorbers.  Whilst not a huge amount of parts, still something to tick off the list.

Have since found another contact in the industry that'll come in handy later on... NOS tail lights, rubbers... mmmm excellent =D

been a small break, everyone has been hectic with other stuff. But its coming along well :bash:

Getting bonnet this week, and front 45mm strut inserts (shockies)

Also found out at work, through a new contact, i can get ALOT of stuff i couldnt get before... EG. Brand new ke70 tail lights and rubbers :bash:

Can i be your friend :bash: :D

Very motivational, & so easy to follow.

I like the idea of painting the struts, mounts, engine undercover, control rods & bits black, makes it all look tidy as after the paints done.

What paint & undercoat is gd to use for these? I guess it'd have to be heavy duty shit tho, huh.

What did you use here? 'Cos it came up with a gd looking finish...

Edited by Raoul

:)

Yea, I'm from NZ, we've just started to get Super cheap Franchises over here in Chch. Havnt been there yet tho.

Would normal spray paint last very long on em?

I was looking at using some VHT engine paint or brake paint on 'em, it would be pretty durable, & match the block or brakes...

Well, as far as brakes go.. will stick to the correctly rated paint accordingly. 

Struts wont be hot enough to cause any issues, not too worried. 

As i've learnt throughout this process, the painting prep is 90% of a good paint job.. not the 10% of actual painting. 

Each part was decreased, sanded back to bare metal by hand, cleaned up, sprayed in black, sanded again to get rid of bumps and crap, cleaned, undercoated, then sprayed with two top coats & baked in the sun. (hot enough down here on the big sand island this time of year in the direct sun)

Yes, I can't wait to drive it!

$160 both fronts, monro sport's or somehing... Mmm.. Trade :)

Looking into bonnet over next few days !

Pretty competitive price there about £70?

yeah deffo inspiration with spraying each of the components black as it looks so much better than caked on shit like mine heh

pdf please :)