Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae82 Gokai - It May As Well Be A Wife.

Featured Replies

I'm sure you have checked all the linkages etc already? Ive got a big brain fart atm, having trouble remembering stuff. If you get an ae92 shifter/linkage hopefully it will bolt up ok(ish). Best of luck with it, would love to be more help :hmm:

PM me any time man.

  • Replies 474
  • Views 411.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Great stuff. You have inspired me to go out to the shed with my Mig......tomorrow night. Too cold now.

  • You do know, if it's a Holden or Australian Ford, you will have to revoke your rollaclub membership.....   Chrysler's are OK

  • "Hey man, I'm gonna move BT, can you move the Telstar so we can move the Celica to shift the Paseo so I can get Sudi out of the way of the trailer so I can open the garage door to spin Gokai around?"

Posted Images

Hmm... odd.

 

Ive got an AE92 shifter box and AE101 short shift kit you can have if it helps. don't know why you are having these problems, are you using the twin cam shifter box and cables?

  • Author

Thanks for the tips, wish I knew more about gearboxes to be able to help :(

 

How does you pattern work, isn't it just normal 5sp? with reverse under 5th?

What's a mechanical LSD?

 

Coolant lines & clutch lines may vary from model to model, I was fortunate enough to be able to get away with these things, hopefully you can be too! Made mental notes when I previously tried to get this gearbox in & failed. :)

 

Yep, that's the pattern alright, from what I can tell 5th & reverse on my gearshift is 3rd & 4th in the gearbox.

 

I'm no tech-expert, but from what I can figure, the mechanical lsd means rather than a single wheel providing drive, both wheels do, straight away. More grip for go, but more torque steer. Blue Thing's not getting this, it's for down the track. :wink:

 

I'm sure you have checked all the linkages etc already? Ive got a big brain fart atm, having trouble remembering stuff. If you get an ae92 shifter/linkage hopefully it will bolt up ok(ish). Best of luck with it, would love to be more help :hmm:

PM me any time man.

 

I'm positive on the linkages, walked back & forth between BT & Sudi checking the setups & movement. Short of swapping the whole Twin Cam gearshift assembly in as well just be sure, they're correct. I was thinking of raiding the wreckers for an AE92 shifter assembly/cables. Even if they don't work, they're cheap. :yes:

 

Ive got an AE92 shifter box and AE101 short shift kit you can have if it helps. don't know why you are having these problems, are you using the twin cam shifter box and cables?

 

I don't have the entire TC gearshift assembly in BT, just the cables & shifter rod (?). Was thinking of swapping the whole assembly/box over from the TC but figure I may as well try one from the model the gearbox is (probably) from. Would you be able to PM me your mobile number? Interested in picking up that gearshift box/assembly (whatever, I'm bad with terminology sometimes :lol: ) & shift kit from you. Do you happen to have the cables as well? Just so I know if I still need to do a wrecker run. :)

 

Never thought I'd put this much effort into Blue Thing... *facepalm*

  • Author

5 speed gearbox out, 4 speed back in, everything back together & functioning correctly: under 5 hours...helps when you've had practice! :laff:

 

No more upgrades for Blue Thing! :no2:

 

Now it's time for birthday beers! :yes:

Now it's time for birthday beers! :yes:

 

Happy Birthday mate,

 

Have a good one :y:

  • Author

Happy Birthday mate,

 

Have a good one :y:

 

Cheers mate, just finished gorging myself on chicken parma & chips, irish creme cheesecake, beer & Bundy 5yr old. After getting the car working again, it's been a great day! :D

Happy Birthday Luke! glad you got the car running, shame its not the 5 speed though...

I'm positive on the linkages, walked back & forth between BT & Sudi checking the setups & movement. Short of swapping the whole Twin Cam gearshift assembly in as well just be sure, they're correct. I was thinking of raiding the wreckers for an AE92 shifter assembly/cables. Even if they don't work, they're cheap. :yes:

Don't bother with the shifter from the ae92, grab one from the ae10x

 

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/faq/19474-guide-cheap-ae92-quick-shift.html

 

The Witzl also did a write-up on the old twincam.org forum which had more content. From memory it was very little mods to make it fit into the ae82

 

 

Does make me think a cable isn't long enough. Or the lever on the g'box for the side to side movement is too long.

 

 

 

Happy birthday bud

  • Author

Happy Birthday! Did you get anything for for your cars??

 

Cheers mate! No, no goodies for cars but I'm still to go shopping. :wink:

 

Happy Birthday Luke! glad you got the car running, shame its not the 5 speed though...

 

Cheers Justin, you & me both! The annoying thing is, I played with 5 speed after I pulled it out & found the selector arm moves easily by hand...wouldn't do that for me IN THE CAR even with the cables disconnected. The only other difference was it had fluid in it when in the car. :hmm:

 

Does make me think a cable isn't long enough. Or the lever on the g'box for the side to side movement is too long.

 

Happy birthday bud

 

Cheers Rob, I'm gonna have to reread that link when less under the influence of beer. Does make me glad I just skipped out on the wreckers option ($92 at Pick-A-Part or $30 at DP Wreckers) as I would've been getting the wrong one. I'm not sure if it's the cables or operator error here, but something's not right & I will figure out what it is. :)

 

Might take a while! :lolcry:

5 speed gearbox out, 4 speed back in, everything back together & functioning correctly: under 5 hours...helps when you've had practice! :laff:

 

No more upgrades for Blue Thing! :no2:

 

Now it's time for birthday beers! :yes:

 

That's the way. Upgrades on the blue thing mean less happening on the twinky!!

 

Happy B'day for yesterday mate!!!! Sink a few?

 

Stu.

  • Author

That's the way. Upgrades on the blue thing mean less happening on the twinky!!

 

Happy B'day for yesterday mate!!!! Sink a few?

 

Stu.

 

Cheers Stu, I did have only a few to celebrate (& ease the aching body), had to hold back though as I hate working hungover.

 

Weekend Rollaclub drinking session! :lol:

Can you come smooth my lumps and bumps out? Way too detailed!

This is getting a little worrying... what am I saying, it's been down right disturbing ever since the wheel well repair! :lolcry:

 

 

Good work as always :D

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.