Ae82 Gokai - It May As Well Be A Wife.

carbonboy

Got into Blue Thing yesterday morning to go to trade school, turn key, nothing! Have power etc, damn starter did sound a little laboured last night :hmm: Rock car back & forth in gear, try starting again, still nothing, damn! No time to muck around with it, called up a guy in my class who comes past my way, he was almost at school but seeing as I'd bought him brekky the day before he was more than willing to come back & give me a lift. Win! :)

Got home, manual out, short the solenoid & starter terminals & have spark but no start. That means the solenoid's fine & the motor itself is kaput :( Managed to briefly get the starter to wind the motor over but man, did it not sound healthy! :no2: I didnt get home until it was too late to source another so just yanked out the old one & moved my car so I could get my housemates out of the driveway.

Had to work up in Gisborne this morning, damn 'little' jobs ALWAYS end up having some previously unforeseen complication so it wasnt until about 3pm that I could get out to the wreckers. There were a few secas there, noticed one with a different front which had smaller park lights & different guards to suit. Grille & headlights appeared to be the same. :hmm:

The style I have (this was a 1987 build car):

post-5437-0-28402200-1307170460_thumb.jpg

The other one I saw, the light isnt screwed in, just sitting there (this was a 1985 build car).

post-5437-0-22625400-1307170526_thumb.jpg

An AE9x with a 6AF :)

post-5437-0-59469200-1307170576_thumb.jpg

What an AE82 spare wheel tub looks like standard :lolcry:

post-5437-0-27634900-1307170626_thumb.jpg

One of these secas had only done 20,00kms since the cam belt had been changed (written on timing cover :D) & generally looked well looked after compared to the others...I may have violated it for parts just a little!!

The dog's in trouble as he decided to piss on my workshop manual! >|

Got the starter motor hooked up, Blue Thing's now running again! :yes:

Now I can use it to go work on the Project again :laff:

Edited by carbonboy

Members dont see this ad

:lmao:

Edit: Outside in driveway playing with Blue Thing atm, newish coil going in, centre console piece, storage box under radio going in, replacing broken rear seat fold-levers & trim piece around dash clock going in. Depending on energy levels, I might also install the cd player I scored from 19914afc & even a passenger side mirror! Which it's never had :no2: :lol:

Edited by carbonboy

Howdy all, just wanted to let you know that there wont be any work done/any updates for about a week. I sustained a minor eye injury yesterday & have to sit in a dark-ish room until it heals, can't do much as I can't see a whole lot :( On the upside, it WILL heal so can't wait to get stuck back into things! Oh & going back to work too :P

*Note* If it wasnt for safety glasses I probably wouldnt have vision at all, so keep wearing them people! :cool:

The goggles, they do nothing...

Nice Simpson's quote for you :D

Hope you get better soon.

Cheers mate :y: I've often thought that everything in life can be related back to The Simpsons, still to be proven wrong (see below) :lol:

DEMOT1.jpg

:D

Must have been a close thing! What happened to the goggles if your eye copped it??

Mine was using a grinder on a sill while lying on the floor & a tiny high-speed spear of steel zipped in behind the side of the safety glasses.

The goggles are fine :P :laff: This incident happened at work so I didnt have them with me :( Had normal safety glasses on, cutting a hole in a lath & plaster ceiling, had almost a waterfall of dust fall from the roofspace, create a dustcloud as it bounced off my arm & some got in behind the glasses. Nothing high speed or burning hot, but if I copped the brunt of that dustcloud in the face w/o glasses, both of my eyes would be seriously messed up right now. :n:

Things are all good with my boss, he was hanging shit on me (of course) but was genuinly concerned at the same time (if that makes sense). I do feel kinda bad as I'd just gotten back from a week of trade school, so once I'm healed I'd better bust my arse a little!

How did you go getting that sliver out of your eye? That could've done some serious damage!

had that happen to me grinding sparks shot up underneath and ended up with 12 pieces in my eye feels hell weird when they numb ya eye to get them out haha.

cars coming along killer.

After the pain/discomfort you would've been feeling, hell-weird would probably be a good thing! The strangest part for me was seeing my vision distort every time the doc touched my eyeball picking stuff out. :blinks:

Bad luck there mate.

Hope it settles down quick.

Yeah, lesson learnt though! :yes: Why is it I nearly always require the hard way? :laff:

It's doing okay, still aching every now & again because of the scratches but no longer the "I want to slam my head into a wall to stop this hurting" pain of Monday night :no2: Hardest thing is trying to keep myself amused, there's not a lot I can do atm & you can only sleep so much.

get well soon mate. great post. really enjoying your build.

I'm trying (not to go nuts) :laff: Cheers man! :y:

I've been out of action for only a day & a half & I'm hanging to get something done! That wheel tub's gonna cop it when I get back! :lolcry:

Hope you;re alright mate! yes.gif

If you get REALLY itchy feet and want to get back into it, give us a yell and i'll come glue some goggles to your face before you start playing with ANYTHING that can affect your sight laugh.gif

Hope you;re alright mate! yes.gif

If you get REALLY itchy feet and want to get back into it, give us a yell and i'll come glue some goggles to your face before you start playing with ANYTHING that can affect your sight laugh.gif

Cheers mate, eye's feeling better but still can't see much out of it. Hoping for good news from the doctors this afternoon *crosses fingers*.

Can we use silicone instead of glue? That way it'll just peel off my face rather than peel my face off :lol:

I like that idea :)

Goodluck with the doctors mate :)

What else will you attack on this car other than the sunroof and wheel well? Super impressed with the work on both, but there comes a time when you have to let go of the wheel well blush.gif