Herbert The Panel Van

iwontarolla

picked up my kamei lip today

9b53243f.jpg

also cleaned up my head light surrounding or what ever you want to call them came up pretty good just have to paint them.

747e99b9.jpg

bit of a before and after

f22f2a97.jpg

hopefully getting tires and exhaust this week or next. going to the paint shop as well some time soon. should be done in a couple of months.

thanks chris

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

Nahh bought them Contact slo-030 I think they where 150. He gets them from new Zealand great quality.

Got my rims ons today, put guards on, cable tied my kamei lip on. It's starting to look pretty tough. On one rim the weights fell off so got to take that one back to be rebalanced.

4b66e303.jpg

37b1fad5.jpg

Well I'm changing them do they look like the original guards but they will be wider. I'm scraping my first attempt and doing it propally. Also got my chrome bar today and it seems to be to small. I'll post pictures later but at the moment to busy working on the car. Thanks guys

**edit**

d432ca78.jpg

new chrome bar its a tad short but a trim of the end caps should make it fit nicely. its probally only 3-5mm on each side. it pretty much brand new and only has a very small ding that you can hardly notice.

also started working out the guards been playing around with cardboard. thinking this is a better way of doing and can't really see how cops can pick on it to much.

75831b44.jpg

plan is to cut slits in the guard pull it up then fill in the gaps.

let me know what you guys think thanks Chris.

Edited by iwontarolla

Well my idea works on the widebody scenario. By splicing the top of the gaurd and adding metal to get the wide body effect.

The Splice of the guard will start 100mm or so behind the front lights so no metal will be needed to make the front lights line up correctly. After the the splice, metal will be added into the splice to push the panel outwards. The lower bolting holes pf the guard will be out of position and there will be quite a large gap between the door and guard, but metal can be added to clean it up, maybe some vents to give it a racing look.

post-11944-0-46544400-1328243476_thumb.jpg