Herbert The Panel Van

iwontarolla

Members dont see this ad

Are you sure you didn't just blow the fuse for the clock? I think it runs off the same fuse as your cigarette lighter, I've blown that fuse a few times when I've been fiddling with stuff.

well there was blue smoke but will check the fuse.

Maaaan that Nardi looks nice. You're giving me ideas...

haha just do it it feels so nice to drive with

just do it they look sweet haha.

so i pulled out my camber tops due to all the threads are ʞ©$ɟed, so I'm going to fix them and just give them a genrel clean.

80c30f25.jpg

i have also been working on the rear guards, coming up pretty good.

0ac6204c.jpg

bad photo and cars also jacked up so it looks quite 4x4 spec. ill get a better photo tonight

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed my camber tops and made some caps to cover them. Just used stainless steel and tig welded it together, came up pretty good.

3b8899a7.jpg

2a7e4387.jpg

So back on the ground, there's just a heap of little things to do and it getting rego and it will e on te road. Just need to check over the car make

Sure every thing tight. Got one more guard to do. Make up some rubber bushes to mount the front bar. Then needs to get an exhaust put on thinking a 1 3/4 inch system with hot dog and a muffler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So all guards are pretty much done, just need to bog and then they are done. I will be painting it in spray paint (gloss black) and will stay like this until weather is warmer to paint it. So hopefully it will be road worthy buy Monday, got to chuck rego on it get a exhaust fitted then introduce it to the hills. can't wait to start driving it, from what i have driven it, it will be a very fun little car and seems to be pretty punchy for a 4k. I am a little worried about driving it as it has never been taken for a good drive so unsure of problems but will be fun any way.

Been working on this a lot lately, exhaust is getting fitted on tuesday arvo and then its getting driven alot more often. still got to do a few things but with a few sleepless nights it will get done. may as well drop some photos to.

7009e539.jpg

to cold for the bog to go off mixed with a lot of harder as well nothing a heater a lamp wont fix.

c7c87db5.jpg

theres a gap between the grill and the lights got to play around wiht it and try and get it closed up.

c7fc9063.jpg

starting to come back together.

0614cb7b.jpg

went to upullit today and picked up some guard bolts, chrome bumper bolts, some clips that hold the grill on, and a fuse box cover.

these chrome bolts where off a ke30 just like brand new ones but alot cheaper.

d552269f.jpg

should look good.

can't wait to drive it though been way to long.

Got a bit done today, chrome bar is almost fitted. The mounts are welded up and ready to go just need to mod the end caps and its fitted.

35ce618d.jpg

4266568a.jpg

bit dodgy but they work.

9e37b386.jpg

I have made new door cards and working on the panels in the back as well. just got to bog tomorrow and paint.

I'm getting really excited to drive it.

Got a lot done over the last couple of days, i got it down to the exhaust shop this arvo and got that all done. shat my self when a cop was following me but nothing. Been driving it for a little bit, passenger side axle bearing is screwed even though they are brand new. I think the brake might be stuck on, its a harsh ride but its fun don't know how long it will last for though. ill grab some pictures tomorrow, its currently painted in gloss black spray paint and looking ghetto.