Herbert The Panel Van

iwontarolla

Members dont see this ad

I finished off the ignition system. Just finding a pressure sensor so put on then test it out. Almost got the guard down, no pictures but looks like the other one. Still having problems with my diff one sides tucked ones sides not then its still not centered thinking about getting new springs made up for it.

9e3c33a0.jpg

got stuck into it today, bogged and sanded my drivers guard. starting to look pretty good still got a bit of work to them but getting there. hopefully have the other side welded up by the weekend.

a8903774.jpg

cd5f2cf8.jpg

56db6d6e.jpg

also the diff isn't out of whack it depends how its parked so as long as its on flat ground its all sweet. i also thought i was having a problem with my starter motor and relay. turns out the battery pack is screwed. so put my battery from my pulsar in and started first time every time.

88252d36.jpg

also got 2 pretty bad rust spots, I'm a little unsure how to fix this area any ideas?

I'm also in urgent need of a drivers side seat belt if any one can help out and i also need one of these

c5024310.jpg

i got stuck in to the washer bottle tonight. i linished all the pieces ready to be welded. its a little tricky tacking every thing together as 316 is nonmagnetic. this lead to a few tack welds not joining and burning slight holes. but once i got the hang of it it started working out fine. there's also a few spots that don't line up and are gaps. if i make another one i will have to change a few things for it to work. ill also have to work out some sort of jig to make it a tad easier. also when i first started tacking it together i didnt set it up to well so i blow a few tack welds but i have it all sorted now.

3bd62534.jpg

f8eef988.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

finished off the hand controller for ignition. now i just got to figure out how to wire it up what coil i need and then ignition curve. if any one can help out with any of these it would be great.

317422e2.jpg

i also sanded back the bonnet got rid of the horrible camo bonnet, and started fixing some dents in it. all the supports have broken lose how would i glue these back to the bonnet skin?

13a3dd52.jpg

also working on the guards still, passenger side guard is all most up to being bogged. driver side is all most done.

b89d59ee.jpg

thanks guys.

so i went to Elizabeth and gillman upullits today. Elizabeth was a was of time expect i found some things that i had to hide around the yards for next time. but the best find of the day was a baby blue ke70 wagon at gillman. since my hatch is dented and rusted alone the bottom, i thought i would pick up this overrated one. also got the boot seal as well. it was in great condition defiantly a upgrade to the torn one. also got a pretty overrated garnish thingy with the number plate lights in. just needs a polish and a paint and its ready to go. got parts to fix the lock on the back as well.

e9823e03.jpg

a59bd300.jpg

af934704.jpg

Hey mate, nice progress!

With the jaycar ignition, I used the stock cool, with it's ballast resistor. You'll need to source an igniter too. I ended up using one from a generic igniter from a 80s range rover.

Make sure you use proper insulated cable otherwise you'll get crazy electrical noise.

Edit: just get a standard efi map, program it in. You'll have to tweak the map as you go along. A dyno is probably your best bet, but it's possible going up nd down hills all day. Good luck!

Edited by bAKER