Herbert The Panel Van

iwontarolla

Yea sorry I got 2 different systems mixed together, haha. You won't need the igniter. Sorry.

The shielded cable is a good idea to and for the distributer, I found with my setup the signal kept oscillating every now and then causing a double spark and pre-firing.

Members dont see this ad

i used the points/ ignition module version.

also changing up the design of the washer bottle. going to separate the two then weld them together getting way to much distortion. the front end is almost done as well just got alittle bit of grinding and bogging. i also painted in the inside of the drivers guard with the body deader to cover the fact i cut and welded the guards. forgot to get pictures but yea update soon.

I also still need a drivers side seat belt, a stock air filter ill pay postage from any where.

i have ordered a seat belt from repco should be here some time this week. i also changed my washer bottle, started making those changes coming along good so far. front guards are also almost done, then its just time to do the rear guards. i also wanna run a lsd soonish but don't know how i want to do it. i also toke it for a burn up and down my road. it seems to go pretty well, but doing 70 in 3 if you put your foot down it kinda lags then picks up the revs and goes. i don't know if this is due to the lack of exhaust and bad tune or the cam?

4fbedf02.jpg

21c673f8.jpg

176ec728.jpg

got some photos the from the other day just of the front guards. i also went to upullit today and got a stock air filter, got home did some cutting and modifying fits pretty well.

259fe611.jpg

ddc7fdc6.jpg

both look about the same.

f22c6a1f.jpg

started off like this.

0cff6305.jpg

cut every thing off can't seeing in this picture but yea.

20681e20.jpg

now looks stock

thanks mate.

I'm extremely sick at the moment so had couple days of school. to cold and windy yo work out side, so lifted the boat up on the hoist got the ke under it cranked up the heater. got my ae71 tacho dash in, wasn't hard pretty happy with it. i accidentally shorted out the clock so i need a new one of them or to fix the old one.

c3fb4085.jpg

27ddaf46.jpg

did a heap of random shit today, i glued the support back on to the bonnet. started on the rear guards. did a heap of welding on the washer bottle and just did some random stuff.

4df7aa8b.jpg

clamped the blanks down then used wedges to put pressure on to the supports.

7f8310ac.jpg

and just working out the mounts for the chrome bar.

well it makes the job look alittle bit more of a professional job. from inside the guard you would never know, it also looks quite good from the inside the guard and should cut down some noise. it also ways jack shit so why not.

i accidentally shorted out the clock so i need a new one of them or to fix the old one.

Are you sure you didn't just blow the fuse for the clock? I think it runs off the same fuse as your cigarette lighter, I've blown that fuse a few times when I've been fiddling with stuff.

Edited by rian