Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Was Your First Car?

Featured Replies

$200 KE25. Corolla bug bit, hard.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

My first car was given to me by my Dad. Was a 1970 Ford F100 351 V8 Auto. I could fit 4 passengers in the cab and around 15 to 20 mates in the ute (back in the day when we were allowed to ride in utes). Gave it back when I bought my own car. Besides I found the 351 V8 didn't use enough fuel, so I bought a rotary.

 

First car I bought with my own money - 74 Mazda RX4 Coupe. The modified 12A rotary lasted around 10 months before erupting in a cloud of smoke(while racing an XU1 Torrie). My Father decided to help me fix it (I was 17 and broke), so he bought a wrecked Mazda 929 and replaced the rotary with the 1.8 liter 4cyl from the 929. My Dad had an R100 when they were new so, he had "experience" with the rotary engine.

Datsun 120y

Well almost, but the ones a mate and i checked out needed a bullet more then anything. And on one case the owner, who "forgot" to tell us that the brakes didn't work.

And as things were looking pretty bleak the mate found a corolla that "Needed TLC" in the paper. I bitched but we had a look and i fell in love with it.

One fiber washer for the sump plug, a degrease, two ball joints, two tires, a roadie and rego is all it needed and i had my first ke30 running a 4k with a k50 g'box.

love how many of these car's are accompanied with "written off"

 

first crusier was a ke70 brought by my parents to teach us kids to drive. i took ownership because i got my p's first.

 

first car i spent my own money on was the ke36 pano

MY BABY 1981-82 t18

 

currently in peices at the panel beaters

GA Galant.

 

Looked alright, nicely tinted and mags. SLOOOOOW. Handled like snot.

 

I loved it.

 

Slow - really?. It wasn't a first car, more like 4th or 5th. But, I had the GC Galant with 1600cc Auto (had a Weber and extractors).

My mates in their Gemini's and 1600's couldn't keep up.

They had no chance when I changed it over to 2.6 and 5 speed.

Lowered, 4spoke dragways, red and black paint. Drove it all over OZ, God I loved that thing.

1. V8 Soarer

2. TT 96 Supra

3. TT Soarer

4. Ke30 2 door

5. AE82 twin cam

6. Ke55

7. R33 GTR

 

All with in 3 years haha

Slow - really?. It wasn't a first car, more like 4th or 5th. But, I had the GC Galant with 1600cc Auto (had a Weber and extractors).

My mates in their Gemini's and 1600's couldn't keep up.

They had no chance when I changed it over to 2.6 and 5 speed.

Lowered, 4spoke dragways, red and black paint. Drove it all over OZ, God I loved that thing.

 

well it probably wasn't the slowest thing around by any measure, we pulled out the stock 1300 and dropped a 1600 in. I used to drive it like a mad man through the hills, it was fun. Probably slow was the wrong word.

 

I loved that car..... My sister bent it then my cousin really bent it.... pity.

  • 2 weeks later...

AW11 MR2. Aus delivered, 128,000kms, Momo 'ferrari' wheels, momo 'race' steering wheel, momo shifter, momo pedals, etc. Was my true boy racer, purchased when I was 15 before I even had my Ls. I put in some hard yards at Maccas to be able to afford that thing :). Saw a good life during my ownership, kept the 4AGE stock aside from a sealed pod intake.

Sold it to an older bloke when I was 17 and within 2 weeks he'd written it off. Never been more heartbroken.

 

The A-dub really got me hooked on Toyotas. Since, I imported an SW20 MR2 GT, modded the hell out of it to the tune of about $20K, 'MISTA2' plates (show car build with 200rwkw on stock turbo / steelie conversion). Currently have a '91 GT-TL Soarer with around the same power and minimal mods, hehe. Recently picked up a late-rev KE55 sedan with a rusted out boot floor, mismatched panels, jellybeans with enough gutter rash to show up most housewives in x-trails, and holes in the exhaust from a previous owner's keybangers. I love the thing!

1. Commodore Sedan

2. AE93 SX Seca

 

Both bought within a year and still own both :cool:

KE3x or 5x wagon in red, can't remember the model as its been years since ive seen it. (still own it)

Ae80

Holden vy exec

Supercharged v6 vy Calais (still own)

Soon to be ke70 sedan aswell (will own! :))

Since, I imported an SW20 MR2 GT, modded the hell out of it to the tune of about $20K, 'MISTA2' plates (show car build with 200rwkw on stock turbo / steelie conversion).

 

This car...rings bells in the back of my head... :blinks: I can't rememeber if I saw it at a show or in a magazine but I do rememeber liking it :y:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.