The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

I prefer the 2az over the SR anyday for its weight and NA potential

as summarised by lilredspirit right on the buzzer.

The CA18 has the same no skirt design with the same main girdle or

main bearing ladder brace for over 800hp without issues.

The bottom end could easily take longer ARP main bolts and a laser

cut 1.5cm chro moly plate main bearing ladder brace/girdle with a

a custom made alloy sump with quality alloy plate and good tig welder

itll be much cheaper than CNC and as reliable.

A mob in Adel specialize in very affordable custom ally sumps.

I love the idea of this engine in rwd equally to the Mazda Z series

and post 2007 revised QR25DE fitted with SR20 crank and custom rods.

All weight about the same and can produce over 200hp with small mods.

Well I've found plenty of near stock scions with about 200hp atw, basic mods, just better headers (but still a poor design thanks to tight bay clearances), cold air intake pipe, Lightened flywheel, and 11:1 pistons. I have not yet seen an itb version of this motor, as it simply doesn't fit in the fwd cars. I'm pretty excited about how it might perform. Interestingly, removal of the balance shafts which are kinda small restores only 6-7 hp atw, so f@$k that, ill pick more than that up by raising compression, itbs, a nice set of 4-2-1s and a good tune.

Well I've found plenty of near stock scions with about 200hp atw, basic mods, just better headers (but still a poor design thanks to tight bay clearances), cold air intake pipe, Lightened flywheel, and 11:1 pistons. I have not yet seen an itb version of this motor, as it simply doesn't fit in the fwd cars. I'm pretty excited about how it might perform. Interestingly, removal of the balance shafts which are kinda small restores only 6-7 hp atw, so f@$k that, ill pick more than that up by raising compression, itbs, a nice set of 4-2-1s and a good tune.

Bit of an oxymoron considering that it is an 'opened' engine, one of those little scions would fly considering how well our standard sportivo camry's go.

I-beams are better than H-beams if you spend the extra 20% for A/M rods.

Arent the factory items worth prepping for higher NA hp?

Sorry Sam, got a block on my scone when I read L series for the MZR mazda

engine as I consider the L series a datsun/nissan original. Its actually

the MZR type engine but labeled as an L series.

Would the 1AZ-FSE 86mm crank fit into the 2AZ block for a 2.116?

I would love to see the result of one of these engines with 48mm throttles, good extractors+exhaust, 270/270 cams and the hi-comp pistons with a good tune.

Sorry if I missed it what's the stock rev cut on these?

6200rpm.

thanks GJM85

496 grams is quite a good weight considering a thin as 20v blacktop rod is 485g and 505g for silver. Anyone find the weight of a stock rod? Or how about the weight of an aftermarket piston Vs a stock one?

and your right irokin, boosted engines need compressive strength - H beams but atmo engines with high revs can use the reduced weight of I beams because it's only tension loading.

Looking at this the Carillos probably wouldn't be lighter than stock: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2237303&postcount=11

Apparently they're forged (Toyota describes them as being made from "high-strength steel for weight reduction") but I was thinking along the lines of extra RPM capability. Those rods look pretty spindly!