The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

LittleRedSpirit

Members dont see this ad

no I can't, it's not a looks thing but rather the linkages of the throttles protrude further down than the body and without any releifs cut into that plate the throttles can close the last third. I will remove the least amount of material as possible as I was thinking the same as you, the more bulk there the better

So Ive been pushing on with this while Sam helps me with the manifold components.

Ive been looking to sort my belt arrangement out.

I have a whole lot of different alternator straps, bolts, and another design of idler. I still might need to have a 6 rib pulley made or modify something to suit, but I'm not sure yet, I specifically went to the wreckers to look for any belt adjustment equipment that I can adapt into the build, so with what I have it should give me a lot of raw material for fabrication. I did see that a v6 camry has a tensioner system on the ac pulley. Which could help me if the belt offset and ac compressor mounting were the same, but I don't think they are.

Just got your package in the mail Sam, looks like some very neat work you have done.

I will have it welded up asap and put piccies up when done.

Once the inlet is on, I need to modify the oil pickup with a simple 90 degree pipe bend. I then need to set up an idler pulley of some kind and then I should be able to start wiring it up. I'm having Rick Sendall make headers with a 4-2-1 design on this vehicle to draw some extra torque from it. The headers will be mild steel for strength and durability, and because vvti sounds really raspy through a stainless exhaust. Not a fan of that. I want the complete experience from driving a car and that includes some sound that's appealing. I don't know what pipe size to use, but I'm thinking in general somewhere around 2.5 inches would be perfect.

I might even comp coat the entire exhaust to keep the gasses flying out of it. Definitely the headers will be done.

I'm considering buying some high comp pistons and having them ceramic coated before installation. I don't know if I want to spend a grand right now though to achieve it.

oh also I forgot to mention it's a good thing you didn't look at the nissan gtir throttles they are absolute rubbish. They have a 30 degree bend right right before the butterflies with a hard edge that protrudes right into the inside diameter. What a waste of potential.

Spotted this GTR throttled SR setup. Thought I'd post it just for any future ideas.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/str8e180/IMG_1325.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/str8e180/IMG_1324.jpg

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=509897

Looking great guys, can't wait to see the manifold finished.