Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Rwd 2Az-Fe Thread.

Featured Replies

all good Matt. Today I am going to machine a whole pile of trumpet flanges but after that I want to machine the slots between the throttle mounts on the plate to allow clearence for the linkages.

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Views 1.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • altezzaclub
    altezzaclub

    In 16 years time... "The Girl's AE86"

  • oh what a nissan feeling!
    oh what a nissan feeling!

    This is really really cool, thanks for sharing!   So 2.4 capacity, as light as a 4ag. Cheap as to buy. :hmm:   What are the factory powers numbers for the model you are using?

  • actually the second strongest method of clamping a crank is level with the edge of the block like that, pending how much metal is on the other side, have a look at a deisel or an F20C, they have a spl

Posted Images

no I can't, it's not a looks thing but rather the linkages of the throttles protrude further down than the body and without any releifs cut into that plate the throttles can close the last third. I will remove the least amount of material as possible as I was thinking the same as you, the more bulk there the better

Good work guys, I like this thread. Sam, good to see you're still using that creative head of yours! ;)

yes thanks, something good occasionally comes out of it!

 

Although I have to give credit to my buddy Simon who does my CAD work, I give him the dimentions along with drawings and half-arse instructions for him to come up with the cad files for me.

  • Author

So Ive been pushing on with this while Sam helps me with the manifold components.

 

Ive been looking to sort my belt arrangement out.

 

I have a whole lot of different alternator straps, bolts, and another design of idler. I still might need to have a 6 rib pulley made or modify something to suit, but I'm not sure yet, I specifically went to the wreckers to look for any belt adjustment equipment that I can adapt into the build, so with what I have it should give me a lot of raw material for fabrication. I did see that a v6 camry has a tensioner system on the ac pulley. Which could help me if the belt offset and ac compressor mounting were the same, but I don't think they are.

well good news guys, this was finished last week and was mailed off, so Matt should be getting it shortly

  • Author

Just got your package in the mail Sam, looks like some very neat work you have done.

 

I will have it welded up asap and put piccies up when done.

 

Once the inlet is on, I need to modify the oil pickup with a simple 90 degree pipe bend. I then need to set up an idler pulley of some kind and then I should be able to start wiring it up. I'm having Rick Sendall make headers with a 4-2-1 design on this vehicle to draw some extra torque from it. The headers will be mild steel for strength and durability, and because vvti sounds really raspy through a stainless exhaust. Not a fan of that. I want the complete experience from driving a car and that includes some sound that's appealing. I don't know what pipe size to use, but I'm thinking in general somewhere around 2.5 inches would be perfect.

 

I might even comp coat the entire exhaust to keep the gasses flying out of it. Definitely the headers will be done.

 

I'm considering buying some high comp pistons and having them ceramic coated before installation. I don't know if I want to spend a grand right now though to achieve it.

These things sound very raspy with the stock exhaust, do you think yours will be different? Although never heard one with an exhaust on it.

the sound should change a fair bit with a new tune, my old 20v with it's sedate ignition used to have a hidious rasp to it but turned into more of a road with the new ecu and tune.

oh also I forgot to mention it's a good thing you didn't look at the nissan gtir throttles they are absolute rubbish. They have a 30 degree bend right right before the butterflies with a hard edge that protrudes right into the inside diameter. What a waste of potential.

Spotted this GTR throttled SR setup. Thought I'd post it just for any future ideas.

 

 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/str8e180/IMG_1325.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/str8e180/IMG_1324.jpg

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=509897

 

 

Looking great guys, can't wait to see the manifold finished.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.