Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sticky For Wheel Arch Fabrication Topic

Featured Replies

So.................they are old. And as one should expect the rust is 'the' issue. So, whos got an english wheel and spitting out quarter panels!? I'm guessing that sooner or later (10-20 years) ((MAX!)) we will need a source of drop in wheel arches and the like to replace "the usual' rust spots if theres ever to be a car on the road in the future; instead of the current canabalism. Sure prices go up with the atrition rate but sooner or later the shite's going to hit the fan and none of us will have jack. any thoughts?

Cross the bridge when we get there. I don't think it wouldn't make any business sense for someone to bother doing it now. You KE55 guys will be alright, just watch what the KE1x guys do ;)

I'm trying to find the article, couple guys using an english wheel to make a whole rear quarter for a HK Monaro. Awesome stuff

Hmm,no more than 2 Vids per post :glare:

 

I made it 3, just for you :)

 

Don't really want to make it too much higher. 3 per post, 15 posts per page, makes it up to 45 videos per page. Would suck pretty bad on a slow computer.

 

 

I think a bigger concern is that we'll eventually lose the people who have the skills to do things like that. I hope there's some young people out there learning from these guys while they still can. That HK 1 piece 1/4 is amazing!

I'll post up a pic of my English wheel later...........just kidding.

 

On Gasolene this week the guy was going through the theory of it whilst making up a bonnet half for a 1930's Alfa replica body. The thing was amazing. So much curvature. They even used arc welding on the panel section joins, rather than TIG, so it would be an authentic representation.

 

Edit; I just checked for the catchup shows on their website, but doesn't look like they are there anymore? (Channel 31)

Edited by parrot

You can buy the "peach and tomasini" DVD's

I know a couple of guys that had Mr Peach as a trade school teacher a fair few years ago.

I'd imagine a rear 1/4 like that monaro one would be worth around 15-20k though.

 

Stu.

Edited by kickn5k

Yeah, you KE55 guys need to toughen up. We KE1x guys are hardcore.

 

Here's my wheel arch repair section. All us KE1x guys have these.

 

 

 

 

post-4909-0-33919200-1315647794_thumb.jpg

 

I would totally hang that up in my bedroom.. you know what... I'm on the hunt for one now hahahaha!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

well ive stripped the exterior of the car to bare metal and now want to do the interior, any ideas.

 

I scored a bodywork dolly set and tapped out the first of many dings but it dosent replace metal. I'm contemplating rust treatment and mig welding the holes up, any thoughts????

 

Mike

That's about what you need to do.

 

Honestly nobody's ever going to produce patch panels in any great number for a ke55. It's a cheap shitty corolla made in Huge numbers. A 32 ford, that's altogether different.

 

Make your own patch, beat into shape. You don't need an English wheel to do bottoms of doors and quarters.

That's about what you need to do.

 

Honestly nobody's ever going to produce patch panels in any great number for a ke55.

Never say never thats what i thought 30 years ago :no2:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.