The Off-Topic Thread

rian

Rules from Admin

irokin says: OK, so most of the other moderators didn't want anything to do with this thread. I'm prepared to moderate it myself as a perpetual experiment which will continue so long as people can follow the thread guidelines/rules. If I stop moderating it then the moderators will probably just lock it so make sure you follow the rules if you want this to continue.

What this thread is NOT

• This thread is not an excuse to just post meaningless or random shit. Make sure your posts have some kind of substance. Post count is still turned OFF in the off topic forums so you won't benefit from spamming this thread (and you'll be removed).
  • This thread is not a chat room. If you want to have a yack with someone else take it to PM, MSN, facebook, whatever the cool kids are using these days. Myself and others don't really want to read about it. Discussion is encouraged but again, make sure your posts have some substance!
  • Not an opportunity to step outside the regular Rollaclub guidelines. Its not a wild west thread where all the rules go out the window.

What this thread could be

• Let us know what you're up to that perhaps isn't car related?
  • Post about something that doesn't fit elsewhere and isn't worth starting a thread about?
  • ??? Skys the limit provided you don't break the rules above.

Now of course I'll grant some leniency while this thread is in its infancy but I'll be letting you know if it isn't appropriate. I suspect the rules above will evolve over time while this thread feels its way into existence. Just generally be sensible and I'm sure everything will go just fine.

Cheers,

Ben

Rian:

Hey forum,

from now on everyone should hang out in the OT thread, tell your friend(s)!

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

OK, rules posted in the first thread. As I said, I will be moderating this thread myself.

Currently slaving away over this effing secondary RC server. Stupid bloody RAID card wont play ball. I never though I'd say this about a Dell but I LOVE the primary server, was so much easier than this piece of shit. Fans are really loud and droney too :S

Thanks Ben! <3

Hokay, so a guy I know said he would sell me his 4AGZE AE71. It is mod plated for the conversion and uses a 20v bottom end with the 4agze head. So here are some related questions for you OTers:

-is the 20v bottom end/4AGZE head a common thing? I know nothing about 4AG*Es so I've never heard of it.

-do the 20v blocks have the oil squirters and would that be the most likely reason he used it?

-what is involved in registering a car with a mod plate in Queensland? Apart from the standard roadworthy certificate and third party insurance stuff, do I just have to provide the engineer's certificate?

If I'm missing any important stuff regarding 4AGZEs or mod plates/engineer's certificates let me know, I really have no idea about it.

Other than that I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy it, I can't wait!

Edited by rianwest

The 20v has the oil squirters. But on the other hand so does the later 16v (aka the redtop small port block), so i wouldn't know of the difference between the versions.

The one place i use to haunt a fair bit was Club 4ag, you could just about say the place is a bible for the 4a motors.

What do people use as their bit torrent program and what site do you go to for having a search for interesting crap to download ? I'm starting to think of getting back into it.

You guys are having breakfast at 11.45am? :blinks: I am completely off eggs now however... :P

Speaking of eggs...well something related to birds anyway, I got home this afternoon & wandered out back to say hello to the dogs (2x whippets). Open the door to the little back room they stay in & there's feathers EVERYWHERE!!! :o

This room has the outside wall completely glassed (aside from the frame obviously) & a glass sliding door which we leave open just enough for the dogs to go outside, do their thing & come back in. Somehow, not one but two pigeons have managed to not smack into the ~3 metres of glasss & flew through the ~200mm gap where the door's open. One....didn't make it, the remains are now in a bag in the rubbish bin. The other I found fluttering in a corner missing most of its tail-feathers, a puncture mark or two where some down feathers were & generally a wee bit panicky.

Here's where I had my dilemma, WTF do I do? I generally have a thing against animals that are not native to this country (yes I'm aware that people are animals, that's another issue). However, I couldn't bring myself to possibly put it out of its misery. So, it's now in an old guinea pig hutch in the shed (don't ask what happened to the guinea pigs...;)) with some old towels, a water dish & some wild-bird seed mix. If shock doesn't kill it then I guess I'm stuck looking after it until it can fly again.

• Upvote 1

What do people use as their bit torrent program and what site do you go to for having a search for interesting crap to download ? I'm starting to think of getting back into it.

if i have the rare need for torrents(as i now get scene releases via direct download), i use U-Torrent, mate.

it has an inbuilt search bar on the top right corner too.

If you are with internode, Newsbinz are even better..! fastest speeds out there

i am a newbin noob, and only just get it working, so if you are interested in it, I'd suggest googling it tho.

can PM you some good download sites tho mate. let me know if you are keen