The Off-Topic Thread

rian

I'd like to see his proof of financial loss. Did he get sworn statements from potential clients stating that the Google search results turned them away from his business? And yeah, if any client with half a brain based their opinions on an autocorrect Google result I'd be inclined to not give a flying fcuk.

Members dont see this ad

Just found out I can order 200mm 4AGE lightweight chromoly flywheels, lightweight aluminium flywheels and ultra lightweight chromoly flywheels through work for pretty cheap.

Must.... not... spend... money... ARGHHHH!

Supercheap Auto.

I can order heaps of performance gear. Things like turbos, clutches, cams, intake and exhaust manifolds, swaybars, coilover springs, dampers, aftermarket brakes etc. All kinds of stuff. I recently bought my entire exhaust (from the headers onwards) through work. The thing with Supercheap Auto is that you just need to talk to the right staff ;), half the people there have never touched an engine.

I think you may have already asked me this Dave?

Edited by rian

Rian what Supercheap do you work at? I'm the manager of a Supercheap here in SA :) haha.

- also agree with your right staff statement, so many people are quick to say "nah we can't get it". It's all about training I guess :)

Edited by Mark90

ah yes i worked at supercheap auto for a year or so maybe 5yrs ago.

supercheap can pretty much get anything, especially with that rocket industries catalogue.

unfortunately at the time i had no money to buy any of it :P though i did buy an exedy clutch and a few other bits and peices for my 4age conversion at the time.

Edited by ke70dave

Rian what Supercheap do you work at? I'm the manager of a Supercheap here in SA :) haha.

- also agree with your right staff statement, so many people are quick to say "nah we can't get it". It's all about training I guess :)

I work at SCA in Brisbane, in a couple of the north-side stores.

I think many of the staff don't know about all the cool stuff SCA can order because no one ever comes in to order it, I only know about it because I'm constantly looking for shit to buy for my car.

I think many of the staff don't know about all the cool stuff SCA can order because no one ever comes in to order it

And I never order it because the SCA staff don't know about it, vicious cycle. Its not really advertised though. I always look at SCA as whatever they have on their shelves, most stores you can be the only person in there with 5 staff and still wont get any help. I only use them for cheap deals/consumables I know I wont have to ask staff about.

• 2 weeks later...