The Off-Topic Thread

rian

You just have to find them somewhere other than the internet. Or should I say other than from a random person on the internet. Whenever you see someone with a stockish looking one, hit them up and see what they say. Never know.

Thats how i got my ke55. sat in front of this little old ladys house for months and never moved so i just rocked up and said, I can give you $500 and ill get that off your front lawn for you?

she was like rito.

*Winner*

Members dont see this ad

I need some people's opinions on exhausts. I'm up to the exhaust stage on my KE70 4AGE conversion; I was thinking of modifying the 2", press bent, under diff exhaust that came with the car when it had a 4K. The exhaust only has one shitty muffler and two 3" "drift pipes" and it was pretty loud when the 4K was still in there.

Now what I want to know is: will my car fail an engineering certificate/roadworthy check if I don't install a catalytic converter? And would it be best to ditch the shitty muffler and run a hotdog/resonator, or should I have both a muffler and resonator?

I should add that I want to keep the car quiet so it doesn't attract attention from police or flatcap douchebags, but I don't want to lose a stack of power in doing so. Also the engine is completely stock except for the 4-2-1 headers.

What exhaust setups are you running and how loud is it?

Edit: would I be better off going up to a 2.25" exhaust?

Edited by rian

I have extractors

post-8907-0-99502300-1324455993_thumb.jpg

to a small muffler

post-8907-0-48627900-1324456098_thumb.jpg

to a resonator/hotdog (possibly a cat?)

post-8907-0-58305200-1324456206_thumb.jpg

to twin hotdog "drift pipes" (which I cut down so you can only see the tips)

post-8907-0-66700000-1324456301_thumb.jpg

While you may think the amount of hotdogs and lack of mufflers would make it super loud it is very driveable. Its only at high revs you get a nice bark, even then it isnt overly loud.

Having a CAT is pretty up in the air with these things. KE70s weren't sold with them but the cars with these engines were so its pretty much up to the bloke doing it. I had one because your car smells like arse without it.

I reckon if you check a resonator and CAT in your current one noise wise it would be pretty good.

My setup was loud as ʞ©$ɟ! (sounded awesome though) but I'm not sure if my muffler was hollowed out. That was 2.5'' mandrel bent with high flow CAT and sports muffler thing..

Honestly I reckon the ultimate for daily use but still a nice noise would be 2.25'' to high flow CAT to resonator to sports muffler.

Edited by It's_AUDM_Yo

I have extractors

<picture>

to a small muffler

<picture>

to a resonator/hotdog (possibly a cat?)

<picture>

to twin hotdog "drift pipes" (which I cut down so you can only see the tips)

Its not a cat, if it was it'd have go where the small muffler is.

If the motor came with a cat then it'll have to have the cat in which ever vehicle its fitted into. The only time you can get away without the cat is to run the vehicle on lpg only.