The Off-Topic Thread

rian

Members dont see this ad

Looks like I'm buying a new car tonight :) (if all goes to plan)

VE SSV sportswagon, silver, OTR and exhaust.

well under $30k, less than 80k kms on the clock

Full leather, satnav, bluetooth etc etc.

6 speed auto which suits me fine (towing)

Pre AFM which means better results from a tune, its not a series one of the VE model, so kinks are ironed out (more or less)

Car trouble is always a good push to buy somethign new!

Keeping the little AE93 seca (SX), selling the VT to a friend.

Will be nice to have some modern luxuries, the VT has been great, has 350000 on the clock and hasn't really missed a beat until now.

should clarify, its the last of the series one, before they rolled to S2 in 2010,

I should have said something more like "its not the first production series of the model"

Generally, new model has bugs for the first couple years (so 06-07-08) being an my09 means its less likely to suffer original flaws.

if that kinda makes sense? I'm absolutely ʞ©$ɟed today, tired as, can't think and type haha

Standard they all run MAF sensors, and apparently, in the LS2 range onwards, they get great results, even retaining the MAF sensor (and therefore staying "legal")

Where as the LS1 range needed the MAF removed for any sort of tune to be worthwhile.

My brothers 08 SS sedan runs low 12s with a tune, extractors, exhaust and OTR

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/australian-surgeon-sues-google-over-bankrupt-autocomplete-20130122-2d480.html

you know what is ironic about this.

now that there is a news story about him, google will find this news story and suggest searches since there will be webpages with the three words “guy hingston bankrupt”

I reckon he has just made his problem a whole lot worse…

The firm wrote Dr Hingston had "lost a number of patients and financiers [who] are refusing to deal with our client as a consequence of the reference on google which is associated with his name"

These clients based their knowledge of someone's financial situation on a reference made by Google? Some sound business practices right there...