Corolla Parts

bruce

hey guys I'm jack total newbie here. I'm about to buy a ke55 with 4k thats blown the rings so trying to find another 4k any one know of any or have one please let me know asap..

please txt or call me on 0400870571. I'm in hobart so local preffered

Just re ring the motor and get the head skimmed! At least you will know the condition on the motor then! :)

Cheers Leigh

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just re ring the motor and get the head skimmed! At least you will know the condition on the motor then! :(

Cheers Leigh

Totally agree!!! :)

Welcome to rollaclub BTW Jack.

Really doesn't cost much to rebiuld a k motor if you have a dad/uncle/mate etc handy with the spanners.

agreed to the above, if you can have it off the road for a few weeks for the rebuild.. buying a 2nd hand motor esp an old one like a 4k, is really a gamble. unless you can test drive it or see it running before removal. or if your paying like $0-50 like i do for 4ac, thrash them for 6-12months then when they pop replace them..

having said that i plan to rebuild one for a bit more punt :)

1 rebuilt motor for the price of 10 used motors haha.. prob last 4 times as long tho and make an extra 40% more power than a stock one.

Edited by tas_ae71

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...