Subaru_Kid's Ae82 Tin Can - Parting Out

Subaru_kid

Things to do before trackday:

- a skid

- fix leaky sump plug (gonna try giving teflon tape a go as a quick fix, anyone reckon it will work?)

A skid is a must.

On the sump plug, i'd try a new copper washer.

Edited by kickn5k

Members dont see this ad

Teflon tape helped a fair bit, but not enough... need to find a solution to this problem before friday!

There is a "gas" Teflon tape. It's yellow in colour and is thicker than the white stuff. It was the only thing that fixed the g/box sump plug on my old dirt bike. I got it in the plumbing section at bunnings.

Thanks Stuart, Ill give it a go :)

Any time Justin. I'd hate to see you miss a track day for something this small.

Speaking of track days are you going to the Rob Roy "come and try day"?

I sent my form today, can't wait. First "track day" for me and the 11.

No I'm not mate, I'm going winton twice in 4 weeks so i think thats enough for me ;)

Also I just picked up a civic sump plug (*jumps into flamesuit*) gonna re tap the sump and put a bit of teflon tape around it. If that doesnt seal it then i will weld all the holes hahahaha

No I'm not mate, I'm going winton twice in 4 weeks so i think thats enough for me ;)

Also I just picked up a civic sump plug (*jumps into flamesuit*) gonna re tap the sump and put a bit of teflon tape around it. If that doesnt seal it then i will weld all the holes hahahaha

Lucky you. I struggle to be able to get Fridays off to go to winton.

Don't worry about flame suit. I wouldn't care if I had to use a Holden part to fix it. If after Friday it's not 100%, pm webers4X48 pretty sure he's got a couple of spares kickin inhis shed.

Went up to Winton today with a few mates, had a ball!

Passing GTR's and WRX's and getting TX3 drivers mad.

I had an issue with the R888's, not only was the weather cold, but they're just too big for the car and i couldn't warm them up regardless of what tyre pressure I ran. This caused them to be really snappy and unpredictable which made the car a handful all day... it was pretty fun though :P

The A1RM's pulled up better than anything I have ever experienced, felt great braking later than all sorts off cars! :D

But, I wasn't happy with my suspension setup, the front is rolling around too much compared to the rear and the grip is too high for the springs so the nose is diving and the car is rolling too much through the corners for my liking.

I was just starting to gel with the car but decided to call it a day in session 3 due to doing in my rear wheel bearing and a few mates having some bad luck of their own.

Anyway, here are my session times.

Session 1:

2:14.2800 1:52.7850 1:49.3340 1:48.4470 2:00.0830 1:50.4730 1:48.6590

Session 2:

2:05.2700 2:00.4480 1:55.0730 2:02.7710 2:00.6170 1:53.9150 1:50.4480

Session 3:

2:07.6110 2:01.9410 2:20.0790 1:52.9330 1:49.1490 1:48.7830 1:47.9560