Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Peanut Bait

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Views 782.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I actually snapped one of the mounting points off so I went, f**k it, all the mechanisms were smooth as.   It was close to the end of the day after 7 hours without a break and id run out of beer.

  • basic, crude, K MOTOR POWER!

  • *sigh   this is why I usually don't ask for help on here. guaranteed someone knows but all I get is f**king fishtanks :|

Posted Images

  • Author

So the front suspension is totally screwed. I couldnt really tell as the rear was just as bad.

But now I have my good gear in the rear the front feels like a wet sponge.

Brakes are OK, but I'm sure the strut inserts are useless.

 

Got some good front suss/brakes gear you wanna swap for a green ke70?

 

 

love swaps. :happy:

 

Swap me some good shit then cus, fish tank?

Put some XT130 struts and brakes in.

What's the go with having springs wound to suit XT130 struts, why can't you just use XT130 springs with the XT130 upper spring seat?

 

But seriously, if you have to get new shocks and springs, you may as well build adjustable coilovers out of the XT130 setup. That's what I'd do anyway.

 

Also was your car engineered with the 4AGE engine using the standard KE70 suspension and brakes?

Edited by rianwest

What's the go with having springs wound to suit XT130 struts, why can't you just use XT130 springs with the XT130 upper spring seat?

 

But seriously, if you have to get new shocks and springs, you may as well build adjustable coilovers out of the XT130 setup. That's what I'd do anyway.

 

Also was your car engineered with the 4AGE engine using the standard KE70 suspension and brakes?

 

The fact that an XT130 spring wont fit into a *E7* strut tower. So a spring can be wound the same diameter as the *E7* spring. Then the last coil or 2 is increased in diameter to suit the XT130 lower seat.

 

Thats the best way to go. $300 gets you a HSD kit with Everything you need. All I found was that the spring top hat needs to be drilled out to suit the diameter of the shocker. All of them just come with an 8mm hole. Then you can adjust the height to what ever you want. and change the rate of the springs easy as.

Edited by SLO-030

I have a mate with a ra28 celica with a 1ggte and his engineer said std brakes are fine as you can't go over 110 on the roads anyway, but all is up to the engineer.

^Thanks for the info, hopefully my AE86 coilovers will pass but if not I just get it engineered on KE70 struts/brakes.

I heard they can be engineered, they must not be able to be set below lowest legal height. In SA that's 99% of he time measured from the center of the hub to the wheel arch.

 

Not sure how they'd go interstate.

You can't engineer coilovers since they are height adjustable, if they are fixed its fine though. Which completely negates the coilover concept.

also when i got my 4age mod plated, my guy didnt even care about the brakes or suspension.

 

1.3L n/a to 1.6L n/a.

 

no big deal, same brakes as the 1.6L 4ac remember.

 

all depends on the individual though.

 

ive recently been speakign with the guy from "modplates.com.au", randall his name is.

 

sent back and forwards about 10emails asking questions etc, nice guy. id recommend him.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.