The Norwegian Ke70

Stamsaas

Hello guys!

I'm new here, so can do a little presentation. I'm Alex, 23years and from Norway =) Not the best english, but I will try my best.

I have just bought a 1980 Corolla Ke70 that I have more plans for then I have money to, so this will be a project over time =)

The goal is to make it look good, and handle better, then get enough power to try som drifting and track racing. Sinse this is my first "not german" car, I don't have så much knowledge to parts etc yet, so thats why I made this tread, hopfully you guys can help me on the way =)

so much text, needs a picture now

20120113_155659.jpg

Not the best pic, and she aint a beauty! Not yet anyway =)

I want to start with the suspension, and my plan is to buy Ae86 coilovers with spindles and a Ae86 brake kit with discs and calipers. Then I need the Ae86 hubs, right? do I need anything more to make that fit to the Ke70? =) Anyone who want to sell the parts I need to me? :D

I promiss to bring more pictures later when things are starting to happend =)

Thanks for any help,

Alex

Edited by Stamsaas

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you caught up with the other members from up there? You might get a lunch-run together if you all meet in Finland! :laff:

How is the rust? The winter salt seems to really eat the cars away to nothing up there. ..and I'm sure its LHD so the steering and brake setup will be different.

Welcome in!

Thanks for the reply altezza :) no, not met any other members yet. Just bougth this last friday :)

Unfortently there is some rust, but nothing critical. They do not like the salty winters. I will just drive it on snow to have some fun the rest of the winter, and when starting rebuilding it at spring time it wount see salt no more. Then it will be a summercar, and be parked in the winters after that :)

It is a LHD yes. Is the hubs different on the LHD and RHD Cars?

2 door! :yes:

Are these steering box or rack and pinion? As i saw somewhere a couple of american 2 door ke70's that were steering box

Yep you'll need the ae86 hubs as well, it's all pretty simple fit and i'm pretty sure there might even been a guide on here somewhere? :wink:

Looking forward to progress :jamie:

Thanks for replys :) Like the 2 door myself, looking after hub on ebay maybe I can find some :)

Just to be sure, is this the hub I need? ebay hub

Waiting on reply for shipping on this. hope noone else buy it.

I am thinking on something like this setup:

BC Ae86 Coilovers like this, and a brake kit maybe something like this kit. And with som hubs like above (maybe som steering arms and something) is that all I need, right? :) Been looking so much for a guide on putting Ae86 coilovers on a Ke70, but not seen any pics, ony people saying they have done it :)

(sorry for beeing a noob :blinks: )

some pics then? :)

Orange parkinglights

20120120_190244.jpg

Interior, keeping the steering wheel, but will try to sell the seats and put in som sparcos or something :) The black areas are flocked :)

20120120_190048.jpg

Seats are in good condition, but needs a clean. almost no wear, and I was told they have one done 40k km :)

then we are looking for the same thing, give me a sound is you find it out, and I will give you if I find it out :) I startet looking after Toyota parts for the first time the day before I bought this. This is more what I do know:

DSC_0680-3.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

(my other car :) )

then we are looking for the same thing, give me a sound is you find it out, and I will give you if I find it out :) I startet looking after Toyota parts for the first time the day before I bought this. This is more what I do know:

DSC_0680-3.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

(my other car :) )

That thing is so mad!! Needs to be lower but ;) And tint the shit out of it.. Other than that, shes PHAT! Very cool..

2 Doors Ke's are so so sick, when I'm onto my open licence I plan to convert my 4 door to 2..

Its a Skoda Octavia vRS, not sure if you have that? :) Its allready lowered 90mm from stock, and are rubbing the driveshaft to the chassie, so can't go any lower :)

Its also very low under the engine >|

DSC_1115.jpg

So, this is how I like cars, so I want the Ke70 very low and very wide :) just need time to get the money for the parts. Ae86 coilovers are expencive.. :)

Plan was to get in the Recaros today, but the starter engine died yesterday, and that is a pain in the a** to get out. :bash: The car is LHD that makes it worse. A friend are coming tomorow so we gonna try to get it out and the new one in. So the Recaros have to wait to next week maybe :)

Started to put inn the new saets here the other day :)

Got brackets from Supra that had to be re-welded to fit

20120128_212723.jpg

And the first on its place :)

20120130_170120.jpg

Didnt have time to the other one, so one is in for now. Have one more. Much better to sit in :yes: :yes: Is also going to remove the rear seats.

Things are not going very fast,because of money, but taking it one step at the time :)