Trd Adjustable Ecu

parrot

Hi Guys

I'm interested to hear if anyone has any info about these ECU's. Mainly interested to learn if anyone knows whether they use low or high resistance injectors. Also on the lookout for an instruction booklet. I realise it is in Japanese but should be able to get it interpreted.

I know it uses 250cc injectors, and there is a little info about them on Club4AG

EDIT: THIS IS SORTED, THANKS

post-4909-0-27088000-1329817702_thumb.jpg

post-4909-0-53798500-1329817712_thumb.jpg

Edited by parrot

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

Ah, secret squirrels....

It's a TRD unit that is designed to run with a set compression ratio, cams, spark plug and exhaust dimensions, with the air filter element removed.

Has various maps to suit either group N1 or Group A depending on how the Dip switches and rotary switch are set. Is also designed to be used on either a 4AGE or 2E-E or 2E-TE engine again depending on how switches are arranged.

Also has further in car adjustment for fuel and spark advance via a MAP type controller.

Runs on "standard" injectors which I take to be 235cc which were the biggest AE86 type injector before smallports, though it has settings to suit an AE92 also.

Also has built in diagnostic function like a standard ECU

Not available for automatic vehicle!

• Upvote 1

Yes, it's very cool.

Same as the one in the picture above although I just pulled that photo off the net for convenience.

My car is running now, but will get some miles on it with standard ECU as previously run then swap them over and head for the dyno. Then off to a hillclimb

Once the postage and broker fees were added in, it ended up costing $550. I reckon that's pretty reasonable considering it is designed for my engine and my current engine specs are basically correct making it a bolt in. I am not out for every last kW or planning to spend endless dyno time to achieve it.

And it has easy dial adjustability for ign and fuel. I have some cleaned series one 1GGTE injectors to run with it that are supposed to be 225cc. Initially I was going to try running these with an old HKS F-Con I picked up years ago but that would leave me with stock ignition maps.

I came across it on yahoo by chance, and was pretty pleased to get it.

As my profile suggests, I am a traditionalist, and things like this really appeal.

Sorry, you need to be registered to view the for sale ads. It says:

For Sale:

TRD Multi ECU for 4A-GE, 2E-E and 2E-T engines

Condition:

Used (not by myself)

Price & condition:

€500,- pickup, shipping possible

Extra Info:

TRD Multi ECU.

Set the type of engine and (TRD) camshaft duration by means of the DIP switches and the rotary switch.

There are 4 more remote mounted switches wich controll stuff like fuel injection and ignition advance.

Comes without the original box or manual. I do have a digital scan of the manual (in Japanese) however.

I've never used this ECU myself as I only bought it to extract the data from the EPROM to compare it with my other TRD ECU's.

This ECU will probably noy run on a stock engine since (according to the manual) the mappings are for the TRD camshaft only.

post-4909-0-85730500-1334838656_thumb.jpg

post-4909-0-68377000-1334838674_thumb.jpg

post-4909-0-65505700-1334838690_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I notice if I put my ARC airbox on with the standard ECU, it completely bogs down. Then put the stock airbox back on, perfect.

The ARC airbox is a group N item so should suit the TRD ECU perfectly. I saw an interesting article recently where some guy with an MX5 was working to achieve a perfect air/fuel ratio using a custom home built airbox. Essentially the bigger the box the better. He was able to then correct the air/fuel ratios at the dyno and got very impressive gains.