October 6, 201313 yr comment_668598 Looks awesome Rod! So I gather that chain was ok after a clean? Report
October 12, 201312 yr Author comment_669170 More engine build pikkies! we know u guys love em!,..... at this point it needed a little work to face it up to the head but we sorted it out with the good ol grinder and sandpaper and git a good manifold fit up! Then dads idea was to HEATWRAP It all!! itchy f@#%n stuff wear gloves guys ! (ps looks better without the wrapping ,,,) hope your enjoying this build as much as we are ! I mean its nearly 12 months till the day when we started! look at which weekend it , all revolves around ! SOON MY FREINDS SOOOON,! Report
October 12, 201312 yr comment_669177 Amazing. That is one clean engine! Can't wait to see it go in. Report
October 13, 201312 yr comment_669201 starting to suspect no one gives a rats? Methinks you suspect wrong. ;) That is the sexiest K-motor I have yet to lay eyes upon, looking forward to videos when you get to that stage! (no rush, good things take time!) :) Report
October 22, 201312 yr Author comment_669914 Also had it out for a bath n cleanup before final assembly! BRIGHT N SHINY pretty much time for some signage.. looking forward to mounting all the goodies into it now! Report
October 24, 201312 yr comment_670049 Looking good! Can't wait to see her running. Not long now? Report
October 24, 201312 yr comment_670095 Wow, this thing has moved along since last time I looked! Those ports are huge, peak power at 8000? ;) Are you using those phenolic spacers, or have you gone with something else? There is a trench in them which needs addressing otherwise. Report
October 24, 201312 yr Author comment_670099 Thanks for the motorvation guys , Snot35 yep pretty serious cyl head on it now, much more than the old bigport that was on the original car, when it was originally built power came on hard from 4500 to 9000 and pulled all the way without dropping off the powerband, with the new head and intake assy I'm hoping to get the whole 9500 out of it as for the spacers ive looked at the trench between the two throats and I'm contemplating using it for the nitrous injector perhaps, thoughts on this? also running MSD 6al2 with two step limiter for better burn and launch assist! vehicle is being built to run dedicated methanol after initial run in sort out period, and a 60 shot of gas I WANT THE FASTEST K MOTOR CROWN!!!!!! Report
October 25, 201312 yr comment_670128 I WANT THE FASTEST K MOTOR CROWN!!!!!! Haha, good luck with that, definitely need more than a 60hp shot, Rod. p.s. it needs a bonnet!!! Edited October 25, 201312 yr by kickn5k Report
October 25, 201312 yr Author comment_670134 It certainly does! So how much will i need to jam in it to catch ya buddaz?. Report
October 26, 201312 yr comment_670196 It certainly does! So how much will i need to jam in it to catch ya buddaz?. You won't have to worry about catching me for a fair while yet. Mine will be a while off. I don't think you'll need any more than the 60-75 your thinking. The fastest k powered thing I've seen in AUS was that white ke30 with the so called "3k" turbo that ran high 12.6. Edited October 26, 201312 yr by kickn5k Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now