Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door

supra2

Thanks Stuart for your allways positive and supportive comments. Still waiting for your new project.

Justin, Great to see your car back together so quickly.

Stick welding is hard to master for anything other than down hand.

If Steve can learn arc welding then MIG TIG and OXY will be a walk in the park.

Sounds like your glass bonnet was ahead of its time.

Bonnet in primer.

post-17707-0-71370500-1398243006_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-73582100-1398243033_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

Hi Craig ! How could I be anything other than positive and supportive with such a great build thread :thumbsup: to read . As to my project ( project 25 ) it is still on hold as I've gone from one WB Holden ute to two WB Holden utes to restore with a possible 3rd one to follow as well as my mates Massey Ferguson 65 tractor to straighten up and paint for him along with my Dads camper van which needs a little attention :n: But it all helps pay the bills and lets me buy the parts for ( project 25 ) so when I do get started it hopefully will go along without to many hold ups" HAHA" as though that's gunner happen :no2: besides all that I'm to busy following your thread to start on e of my own :2thumbs: LOL . So as I keep saying keep the great work up and keep them updates coming :yes: . Cheers:- Stuart :wave:

Edited by TOMMYS Ke 11

:thumbsup: Hey Stuart. We can't complain that we are to busy at work these days with the way things are in the world.

One good thing about restoring cars is the stuff you unbolt will bolt back on in the same place,mostly. No modifying or fabricating.

I did not think there were that many WBs left. You must have them all at your place.LOL

Lightening the ALT bracket.

post-17707-0-85027300-1398669715_thumb.jpg

Just putting my bookmark in, so I know where I'm up to next time I check up :)

Today, I was thinking about all the things I plan to do with my car... A garage... Is that your secret? I can't seem to get past this planning stage.

The work on that dash is immaculate. You've clearly done this many-a-time. :rolla:

Hi Seabiscuit.

Everyone interested in cars needs a big shed once in there lives.It does help the motovation if you don't have to unpack the shed to drag your car out onto back lawn every time you want to do some thing.

This is my second dash of this type but you learn some thing new every time. Thank You.

What are planning on building?

Got the reconed ALT and starter back from the auto elec.

post-17707-0-27848800-1398841555_thumb.jpg

Hi Mika. I havent had any problems yet with them coming loose. It really is a pain when they do as I found out with my first bonnet I made about 5 years ago.

I rough up both surfaces and use windscreen sealer, Its almost impossible to pull apart when dry, but I put in a pop rivet as well to be sure.

Boot skins glued together. Weights in at 3.5kgs. The steel boot is 7kgs.

post-17707-0-97526600-1399101974_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-28725600-1399102001_thumb.jpg