Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door

supra2

Members dont see this ad

My last project which is under the blue car cover was a TA64 Group B Celica Replica.

Ill be competing in that car along side Tony and Chris Scott in this years Australian 2WD Rally Master Series and the WRC at Coffs.

I did start to build another Celica, But have been converted to Corollas, mainly by the TRD KE70.

Thats my hero car. Well done.

They did an awesome job on the head Keith. Fellow call Brad at Express Engineering here in Toowoomba.

Could'nt afford to get the performance seat cut Chris, had to settle for the standard 3 angle for now.

I have got the reversion edges on the manifolds though.

If the head has to come apart again at any time, Ill get it done then. There is a few tricks in this motor, so we,ll see how to goes.

Which is your hero car littleredspirit? The TA64 or Tony's KE70

Head on and cams all dialed in.

post-17707-0-85637500-1400828888_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-81890000-1400828916_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-80541200-1400828955_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-82233000-1400828987_thumb.jpg

Performance seat cuts. Interesting and clever stuff on how to get more power from your fire breathing race motor and still have it idle like your road car.

Ill let Chris explain if he wants to share.

Boot retainers fitted.

post-17707-0-31647700-1400998747_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-51953300-1400998775_thumb.jpg

Performance seat cuts.

Well, after my gold car head was found to be cracked I was giving a head by Rob and by Steve. Coincidentally Steve and I checked them out today, and Rob's had really deeply angled seats that only contacted the valve on the very top edge. I popped around to Rob's with it after I'd cut a valve onto one and he said it was from a guy who worked it over for performance but actually he (Rob) had never used it. ..and he had no idea where the valves for it had gone to or how they were cut.

I think I'll make the 100km drive to chat to my engineer in Bathurst about valve seat shape to suit the head seat, its all education...

The performance seat cut we talk of is cut on a CNC seat cutting machine by PLR engine recondioning in Brisbane.

Long story short, it basicly puts the seat out into the air stream, or to put it another way, the seat sticks out.

also the topping and tailing is radiused unlike a conventional seat job, where the topping or tailing is just 1 or 2 set angles.

The effect from this, is a creation of a venturi at low valve lift that generates air speed.

It has been tested and proven on both a flow bench and dyno with various engines. As an average, a 2.0 multivalve engine produced 20 extra hp with nothing extra done.

Tony's Corolla had it done and Marus Swart's S2000 VW polo had it done, with suprising results. both came on cam a lot lower down and an increase in mid to hi end torque.

• Upvote 1