Steerfast Rally Ke30 2 Door

supra2

Members dont see this ad

I did weigh it today at 870kgs.

Still have to add approx 50kgs in fuel,oil and coolant and some major parts like head manifolds ect.

Iam guesstomating around 950-1000 kgs in full rally trim.

If it's under 1000kgs ill be happy.

I did weigh it today at 870kgs.

Still have to add approx 50kgs in fuel,oil and coolant and some major parts like head manifolds ect.

Iam guesstomating around 950-1000 kgs in full rally trim.

If it's under 1000kgs ill be happy.

That's not bad considering you've probably added a bit of weight with the IRS and the small steel playground in the cabin! How much weight do you think you added just in the cage material?

Roll cage steel works out about 2kgs per meter. Ive used approx 36metres. If I include the base feet and tags to the body I recon about 75kgs in total for the roll cage.

The IRS Vs Live axle weight. I don't Know if there would be much difference. I should have put it all on the scales before it went in the car. I think the Corolla diff, axles, leaf springs, U bolts and plates may be heavier.

A live axle will always have more traction and grip over IRS on a smooth surface even gravel but IRS is better in the rough stuff.

Lower rad mounts made.

post-17707-0-78419600-1399360697_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-57415000-1399360723_thumb.jpg

Hi Seabiscuit.

Everyone interested in cars needs a big shed once in there lives.It does help the motovation if you don't have to unpack the shed to drag your car out onto back lawn every time you want to do some thing.

This is my second dash of this type but you learn some thing new every time. Thank You.

What are planning on building?

Living with the parents, and my dad not even having enough room in the shed for his project car says something about the space around this joint.

I've got an AE71 panelvan that's already running a 4AGZE. Americanizing is where I'm heading - Bigger! Flares, turbo, diff, gearbox, wheels. The planned extent of my suspension modifications are a few sets of shackles at different heights for the leaves, and adjustable coilovers up front, so I can lift her up for road trips. Maybe see a track day here and there :)

Edited by seabiscuit

Everyone has seen those movies where the single guy brings home his date and she finds a motor bike frame on the coffee table and an engine in the bath tub.

Been there and done that so I know how you feel Seabiscuit. ;)

Got the new radiator fitted.

post-17707-0-16457800-1399443835_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-32502200-1399443867_thumb.jpg

post-17707-0-85243000-1399443901_thumb.jpg

Hey Keith. It wont look that bad. I have run the rear suspension through its full travel and found it will need some positive camber at ride height.

One good thing ive found is there is almost no toe change which means we can play around with ride heights at events and not need to readjust the alignment.

Test fitting the glass boot. Got some weight on it to help compress the new seal.

post-17707-0-80876700-1399757856_thumb.jpg