Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke55-S Xx Coupe

Featured Replies

  • Author

Doors and flares done.

 

Need an extra pair of hands, but will likely get creative with some milk crates and cushions to hang these doors.

 

Actually ʞ©$ɟ it, I'll go see Star Wars.

 

post-18751-0-79910900-1450585231_thumb.jpeg

 

edit; hung them loosely to see how bad my masking was. I'll fix that with a brush once the panels are on properly.

 

post-18751-0-79529500-1450590228_thumb.png

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 244
  • Views 303.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Hey Man, I had a young bloke look at my daughters 79' coupe this afternoon and offered me $1000 what an insult, after reading your blog here I might just rebuild this little gem to all its glory and k

  • corollaart
    corollaart

    MARCH!!! :drinks:

  • Mechanical Sympathy
    Mechanical Sympathy

    Season's greetings Rollaclub! Thanks to the admins and financial contributors who keep our projects, anecdotes, images and knowledge base online.    Cafe racer burger run. 

Posted Images

  • Author

post-18751-0-03097200-1452120092_thumb.png

 

Drove it out the shed, turned it around and backed it in.

 

Flipped out the 4K/K50, wiped down the engine bay and rattle-canned it red (I ran out of my initial 4 litres of red).

 

post-18751-0-91845000-1452073507_thumb.jpeg

post-18751-0-44281700-1452120037_thumb.jpg

post-18751-0-35893600-1452051294_thumb.jpeg

 

Currently molesting my pedal box after wrestling it out. Feeling a bit anxious about how far the dash has been deconstructed to get it out so I'll try and wrap that up asap.

 

Through that process, and trying to convert my brake master/booster to KE30 I've discovered that there might be two sizes of KE30 booster and I have the large one - or it's not a KE30 booster I was sold. So I'm on the hunt for a "small" KE30 booster.

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

There is only one ke30 brake booster ,in aussie cars any way.Just been through this bit , ke 70 have the same bolt pattern but are a lot bigger

 

There was talk of a starlet EP91 ??That was a bolt in but never tryed.

 

The 55 had different master cylinder bolt pattern ( off set)to the 30 s.

 

keep at it Rob

Unless it came from a late/update ke30, slightly bigger, so was the ke36 van. Not sure on what the 38 vans ran, 38 wagons were pbr. All 55's should be pbr.

 

 

Edited by Clapped out

  • Author

I can confirm an EP91 booster would make a great replacement for a KE70 booster. As a KE30/55 replacement it has the same issues as a KE70 booster - fouls on the inner guard (could massage), clutch cable flange (could trim) and the biggie, obscures the clutch master cylinder location.

 

It is nice and short though.

 

post-18751-0-97302000-1452302897_thumb.jpeg

post-18751-0-54666600-1452302927_thumb.jpeg

*iPhone upload rotator applied

  • Author

I got jacked off with the brake booster tom-foolery, so put it aside.

 

The next big task I had to undertake prior to installing the engine was to fit the exhaust. I was lucky enough to get a complete exhaust system from extractors to tail-pipe with my engine, to suit a 2T(G) into a KE 3x/5x - saving me several hundreds of dollars. Unfortunately it has no bolted flanges along it's length so I had to drop the rear axle low enough to get it in.

 

First I wirebrushed and painted the whole system in high temp enamel. While the diff was down I painted the entire underside of the car in black bituminous brush-on body deadener, and all over the rear axle and springs with gloss black rust-kill "reconditioning" enamel. Then bolted it all back together before I lost any bolts/nuts/split pins.

 

Now there's really nothing holding me up from dropping in this motor except the need to go to work on weekdays..

 

post-18751-0-55386100-1452472639_thumb.jpg

post-18751-0-06442100-1452472678_thumb.jpg

 

It was a big mission (for me) to get this little pipe sitting there!

Very nice build mate, you are doing well

This going to be cool car ,love your work .

 

Keep at it.

 

rob

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Firm I worked for 10 years folded in Jan. Had a few weeks panic attack and stopped spending anything on this car but things are working out vocationally.

 

In the meantime I've only really been doing reassembly things that cost practically zero.

 

Interior is coming along but I'll post pics later.

 

Things are taking shape, but need aligning. Passenger door is being awkward for example.

 

post-18751-0-50847100-1455614195_thumb.png

C'mon, there has to be more pics? Ha ha! Not good to hear about the job, hope you find something soon!

  • Author

Thank Mat! Employees come first in liquidations these days and I started work today so silver lined clouds prompted me to put in this burst yesterday.

 

But as far a pics, it's all out of shape - I have to drill out snapped bolts in the bonnet latch and adjust door hinges. One flare bolt doesn't quite work, therefore one window isn't in and I might pinstripe over paint lines pending door alignment blah blah hah. If I don't do it first, someone here will be thinking it!

 

Looking forward to working through the finishing jobs now; radiator, carbs, interior, fuel supply, intake and PCV, brakes, cert & rego

 

 

post-18751-0-00473300-1455616280_thumb.png

post-18751-0-18700600-1455659625_thumb.jpeg

post-18751-0-09109700-1455659784_thumb.jpeg

post-18751-0-50980300-1455659844_thumb.jpeg

post-18751-0-58455700-1455660086_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

  • 2 weeks later...

Are those wheels original style performance superlights mate?

Loving the fitment :-D

What offset and width you running?

I'm fitting 2 inch flares to my car shortly and I have been looking for pics of what a decent sized set of flares will look like.

Your flares look the goods!

 

Nice job :-)

 

 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.