Ke15

Bear95

Members dont see this ad

Offer $700 for the unrestored one on Gumtree. At least when you finish it you will know all about it and just how good it is.

I can't see a KE15 being worth more than $2000, unless it was most amazing restoration to dead standard. Same with some of these guys selling $1000 Ke70s and thinking they are worth three or four grand.. They are still lying around in back yards for a few hundred dollars, or you can buy them from their elderly lady owners for under a grand..

Still, in the end they are worth what someone is willing to pay. I will say it always pays to make an offer, no matter how low, as sooner or later the car must get sold.

Offer $700 for the unrestored one on Gumtree. At least when you finish it you will know all about it and just how good it is.

I can't see a KE15 being worth more than $2000, unless it was most amazing restoration to dead standard. Same with some of these guys selling $1000 Ke70s and thinking they are worth three or four grand.. They are still lying around in back yards for a few hundred dollars, or you can buy them from their elderly lady owners for under a grand..

Still, in the end they are worth what someone is willing to pay. I will say it always pays to make an offer, no matter how low, as sooner or later the car must get sold.

You answered your own question/statement re the Ke70's... What someone its willing to pay.

The whole drift craze has pushed the price on an ae86 to what some people think is excessive, and unattainable for some...so the next best option is a Ke70....and now the same thing has happened with the price of them.

The reason people ask these prices for these cars is they see that's what other people are asking.. And that's what a select few will pay! So why sell your car for $1k when someone else has the same thing for $3k and both sell the same? If no-one paid the high cost in the first place no-one would follow and list at this price.

Mind you i once bought a Ke30 for $350 and was offered $2k on the way home so he took it.. $1650 profit in 30 minutes.

One on gum tree IS NOT AN SL or SE sprinter its jsut a sprinter body with mods and that.

Id steer clear.

Real SL's had twin carbs, lighter fly wheel, more duration on cam shaft, higher compression head, different gear ratio on 3rd gear, a centre console, extra brackets weld in floor of car, extra badges, steering wheel, and more.

This one yeah id be careful.

Saying that other week I bought a cheap KE11. I cut out rust new seats new engine new radator 3 core etc etc etc all the works. Drove it to work EVERY day didnt miss a beat was a good car but paint rough etc few bad things I sold it for over 4K. But it was reliable and things that needed doing DONE. Just didnt look the best lol

So worth what you will pay and if seller will part with it. And if it is mechanicly reliable and well done for the age worth a few K. But if its rough changed engine numbers etc etc be selective.

Cameron

Hi Bear

As some of the other members indicated the price of a sprinter depends on its condition. They range from approx $750/800 . for a rolling rusty body to $8000/$10,000 for one fully restored original A sandblasted ground up resto is an expensive exercise. I have found upholstery, paint, rubbers etc. doesn't leave much change from $5000 unless you are a upholsterer or panelbeater. Not counting all the hours you are going to put in and assuming the mechanics are perfect. I have owned 14 sprinters over the years and have fully restored 4. {I still own 2} The sprinter advertised on Gumtree looks like it requires a resto , but depending on the level you want to bring the car up to work backwards for the purchase price. Hope this is of some help

Cheers

Lou