January 19, 201511 yr comment_693228 Hmmm seems a sad state of affairs, especially for the beloved superlites and many other popular classic wheels these guys used to make. Heard they stopped production last year and have a limited stock of whats left. Always thought they were a great wheel for the price and heaps better than some other brands that carried a bad reputation. Probably the time to get in there and ask for a spare for your set as they sell single wheels last time I looked. Report
January 19, 201511 yr comment_693229 It does suck, give it 6 months and another company will start making these classics......................hopefully! Report
January 19, 201511 yr comment_693232 Hmmm... I wonder what is happening to their molds and equipment?? anyone want to put some money up for shares in a new busiess venture..? Report
January 19, 201511 yr comment_693249 My brother worked there years ago and I'm not surprised. Many of their wheels were quickly knocked off by Chinese companies and they were under cut. I don't think there was a whole lot they could do about it. Their production processes were pretty old fashioned too! Report
January 20, 201511 yr comment_693254 The website is pretty primitive, and their dealers don't even have websites. You can see why they can't compete. Can we even get tyres to fit the 13x6 Superlites? Report
January 20, 201511 yr Author comment_693256 Apparently the superlites have been bought out by another local company to continue manufacturing but no other styles at this stage, so thats some good news :) Edited January 20, 201511 yr by styler Report
January 20, 201511 yr comment_693267 I've got 13x6 super lights one the 20 using 175/70, obviously not slicks though. Not till skid 10mm off them that is. Edited January 20, 201511 yr by GJM85 Report
January 20, 201511 yr comment_693270 I've got 13x6 super lights one the 20 using 175/70, obviously not slicks though. Not till skid 10mm off them that is. Pretty sure formula v use 13's so you could still get slick and semi slick tyres for them. Report
January 20, 201511 yr comment_693291 Formula Ford are 13", or at least, used to be. As are Formula 3, if you want to go completely nuts! I think the width of the rears may be a bit wide, but not sure. Report
January 20, 201511 yr comment_693292 Know a guy who used Formula Ford tyres on his KE25 for motorkhanas. Bridgestone still list 175/70r13's and through work I can source 185/70r13's Edited January 21, 201511 yr by coln72 Report
January 21, 201511 yr comment_693321 yeah i used to use formula ford fronts on my KE25. rears are 14" iirc. wasnt too bad on my car, because it was slow, and not a whole heap heavier than a FF. i wouldnt use them on something heavier like a sev though. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now