Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Superpro Poly Rear Spring Bushes

Featured Replies

Recently replaced all the rubber rear spring bushes in my KE30 with SuperPro poly bushes.

 

Installed them using the supplied grease, applying it as per the SuperPro packet directions.

 

The rear end is so squeaky & creaky now, it's driving me nuts.

 

Has anyone else had this issue ?

 

If I can't solve it, I might even go back to new rubber ones.

 

P.S. Actually the original rubber ones were in remarkable condition for a 40 year old car.

 

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

How many K's have you done? They take a while to wear in.. Took about 1500k's in my Celica for them to settle and calm down. Just turn the radio for a couple of weeks

  • Author

2000-3000 klms !

 

Cheers Banjo

Hey mate mine just turned up today, while trawling the net today I read that you wrap the pin in teflon tape and smear the rest with silicone grease...

  • Author

Still not happy Jan ! Did some more trolling on the net tonight re this problem. It's pretty wide spread.

 

Just listen to these squeaks on upper & lower control arm poly bushings.

 

 

Unreal ! I couldn't live with that.

 

Cheers Banjo

I don't mean to be rude, superpro/nolathane in my opinion are crap! Waste of money. Just had to replace all the bushes under one of my 30's, only got 5 years out of the bushes, they have just disintegrated and fallen apart, not happy! Back to rubber I go,

 

cheers!

  • Author

Hmmmm ! I am starting to think seriously that way also.

 

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

There's always going to be a trade off with poly vs rubber.

 

When rubber wears it slops about, but you don't get noise or crumble, just movement.

 

You need to consider why you choose to install poly bushes, expect a trade off in noise and vibration, and understand that they will require replacement eventually - just as rubber does.

I have poly bushes in my hilux, squeeked a bit during bed in and occasionally when the grease gets squeezed out (4x4 use).

 

Polyurethane bushes might wear out quickly if you use the wrong grease. And I agree with above, I'm putting poly in to firm up the ride and take the slop out of the suspension. A couple of squeeks I can live with, sloppy handling and axle tramp I can't.

 

I'll be trying the teflon tape trick this time round. Ill let you know how it panned out.

 

One other thought, changing the pins and shackles to greasable types would help keep them quiet.

Ive got the same problem, bloody annoying. I only changed mine cause the older ones didnt look the best.They where a bitch to get in too as they don't conform to the car chassis bracket or locating pin thingy. Hopefully Toyota sells new replacements as I'm seriously thinking of putting rubber ones back in. I rarley drive mine anyway so I'm not overly concerned with wear and tear.

Edited by Killar_of_giants

Mackay produce rubber ones, don't have to go genuine if you don't want to.

ive had nolothane for 6 years and never heard a single noise from them.

but i only have the rear end done.

had heaps of tramp till i put them in. just sounds like i hit a small child when i go over cats eyes

  • Author
just sounds like i hit a small child when i go over cats eyes

 

Wouldn't have thought that was a wise analogy to draw on this responsible forum.

 

Cheers Banjo

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.