Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1967 - Wagon Build

Featured Replies

So i got a message from guy that said "I have a 67 station wagon, Very rough"..

 

After a quick call, with cash in hand i went and had a look... A 1st gen wagon has been something i've dreamed of since i can ever remember.. And the thought of one being so close to me for so long... I had to have it.

 

It was rough... The car had sat in a long grass paddock since early 1990's.. And it showed. Every panel dented, rusted.. Hyper extended door, rat piss interior "Ran when parked"... I had to save it.

 

I paid the man, Organised a truck and it arrived the next day.

 

So, Here it is.. My 1967 Ke16!

 

IMG_8012_zpsmdls2jxc.jpg

 

IMG_8017_zpsvwntc0rh.jpg

Edited by Jono.C

  • Author

I wouldn't say easily restorable, there's a lot you can't see in photos but it is fixable.

 

Floors have a little rust in them, both sills have quite a few rust holes to tend with but the rear pockets behind both back wheels are just a mess and will need to be cut out completely up to the body line and then reformed..

 

 

I've got it running and driving now next step is fix rear brakes and disk swap the front. I'll be using my green sedan for donor panels to get this into paint faster

  • Author

Thought I'd throw up a few more photos from the first day of owning it. Karchered the entire car, threw some Mazda 626 wheels on to roll it around and threw another bonnet on/ started fixing the front end

 

20170203_174228_zpsuhecomtv.jpg

 

 

20170203_185918_zpsjztvdfrv.jpg

 

And heres the motor situation, a bigport 3k. "Ran when parked" required new starter, dizzy was 1 tooth out and firing order was wrong. Now starts and runs fairly well

 

 

20170203_184429_zpsyel4f2u2.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Author

I'm almost wondering whether it'd be easier to relocate battery, J pipe across to drivers side.. be easier for dump routing and cooler etc

Maybe seek untubbed_20's input on that. Without adequate bracing and maybe still with, its a lot of weight and leverage hanging off the exhaust manifold. You could try and find an mx6 cooler like mine rather than some wanky cross flow aftermarket thing.

  • Author

One sill stripped back, now sanded in primer. Probably worse than i was expecting lol roughly 2 dozen holes to weld up, could be worse though!

 

20170210_183119_zpsbvnooxll.jpg

  • Author

Running

 

Edited by Jono.C

I'm going to follow this build. Got any interior photos?

 

Are you missing anything?

  • Author

I'll grab some during the week, taken a week off work end of the month to try and get a fair bit done before winter (no shed life)

 

Interiors pretty much throw away for the most part.. It was used to transport gearboxes etc for majority of its life so its full of oil and grease, plan is to pressure wash it and go from there

 

I was missing headlight surrounds and tail light chrome but thankfully someone on the rollaclub facebook page sorted me out!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.