Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Justin's Ke70

Featured Replies

  • 6 months later...
  • Replies 260
  • Views 247.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Medicine_Man
    Medicine_Man

    Because of the uprite engine mounts it means the standard radiator hoses are no longer going to work. Ended up buying 3 x 90 degree alloy bends and a length of silicone hose.   Top one just needed t

  • Thanks heaps for the info, I'll look into Sheldon's kits and have a chat to the guy who'll be re-tuning for me. Cheers

  • Medicine_Man
    Medicine_Man

    Been a while scince I last updated this. Gets hard to find time between work and looking after my daughter. Got the shape back in to the rear window opening now and started filling the dents

Posted Images

  • Author

Ok, Finally got some work done to the old girl after getting out of my folks place (after it was vandalised and badly dented).

 

Have it at my mates workshop and before christmas I finally mananged to mount the radiator (N14/N15 Pulsar). Got the top radiator mounts and rubbers from an N14 Pulsar and managed to get a set of lower mounts off a AE101 Corolla. Welded the lower mounts to the bottom radiator support and the N14 Pulsar rubber is a perfect fit. Then cut the top mount from the N14 pulsar in a way that allowed me to weld part to the upper radiator support an nutsert it so the top mounts are easily removable.

IMG_20150801_100739.jpg

IMG_20150801_110852.jpg

IMG_20151221_144640.jpg

IMG_20151221_144650.jpg

IMG_20151221_130053.jpg

IMG_20151221_130103.jpg

  • Author

Because I somehow managed to lose the gearbox crossmember i made previously, I had to make another one up. I think it probably turned out a bit better and I still have to cut it down a bit and get it powdercoated.

IMG_20160114_175932.jpg

IMG_20160114_175950.jpg

  • Author

Because of the uprite engine mounts it means the standard radiator hoses are no longer going to work. Ended up buying 3 x 90 degree alloy bends and a length of silicone hose.

 

Top one just needed to be chopped back a bit and silicon hose on the ends.

 

Bottom one needed a bit of love from my mate who cut and tig welded the bottom two bends to make it all line up with silicone hose on the ends.

 

I will eventually have the pipes powdercoated black when I get a few more bits together to get done.

IMG_20160122_145602.jpg

IMG_20160122_154842.jpg

IMG_20160122_154856.jpg

Nice one on the lower radiator mounts.

 

I did the exact same thing in my rolla with alloy radiator.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

So now I am in the process of getting some custom extractors made up by my mate at Gun Performance at Lawnton. We decided cut up my old Hurricane extractors and use the plate to make the new set. I didn't realise how much I had to modify them and also becaue one of the studs was drilled out larger and helicoiled in my old head I had to weld a bit back up.

 

At work today I got one of the welders to fill the hole in the plate that was redrilled larger previously, machined the plate as flat as i could and proceeded to re-align the exhaust plate with the adaptor plate. Marked and drilled the holes for the M10 studs to go through the plate (going to need some studs that are a bit longer too).

 

Looking at going to a 4-1 merge collector in to a 2 & 1/4" system.

IMG_20160211_074153.jpg

IMG_20160211_085111.jpg

IMG_20160211_091922.jpg

IMG_20160211_093335.jpg

IMG_20160211_101401.jpg

IMG_20160211_102605.jpg

IMG_20160211_105313.jpg

  • 4 weeks later...

Wow theres a lot of work in that!

 

Looking at your alloy cooling pipe over the alternator, have you considered putting a bleed point in the highest point there, I reckon you could expel a lot of air from there while filling the system to make bleeding it easy. Did a similar thing on the 2az with my copper rerouting of the water from extractors side to inlet side.

  • 1 month later...

Awesome build dude, i bought mine with delorto 40s can't beat that sound!

  • 9 months later...
  • Author

Due to the fact the Corolla sat outside in the weather at the last place it wasn't helping things much. I moved to a new house at the end of last year which now has a shed where I can work on the Corolla once again.

 

I started by knocking back the paint on the roof on one side when I had some spare afternoons. Just gave it a quick hit of etch primer till I can get a chance to repair all the damage the vandals did to it..

 

Over christmas I ripped out most of the interior and the rear window to expose the rust that I will have to tackle. Turns out there is also rust in the front window opening that needs to be fixed too.

 

Lucky I managed to get a corner roof cut from Teddys old white KE70 before it went to the dump so I can use it as a patch.

 

Archie the dog was keen to be a supervisor and make sure the interior was adequately removed ready to start repairs on the rear window opening..

IMG_20161114_173653_res.jpg

mini-IMG_20161208_174447.jpg

IMG_20161209_161627.jpg

IMG_20161209_161604.jpg

IMG_20161210_121006.jpg

IMG_20161210_121012.jpg

IMG_20161210_121211.jpg

IMG_20170104_192631.jpg

IMG_20170104_192639.jpg

IMG_20170104_192702.jpg

  • Author

Friday afternoon after work I managed to knock back the rest of the roof and gave it a quick hit of etch primer. Also finished tidying up around the window openings with some rust converter.

IMG_20170210_164613.jpg

mini-IMG_20170210_164640.jpg

mini-IMG_20170210_165609.jpg

mini-IMG_20170210_171019.jpg

  • Author

Today I made a patch for the big rust hole in the passenger rear window opening and welded it in. Yay for some progress! The silicone bronze welding wire makes it so much easier to grind back the welds..

IMG_20170104_192639.jpg

mini-IMG_20170212_170838.jpg

mini-IMG_20170212_174957.jpg

mini-IMG_20170212_183859.jpg

Great to see this progressing again.

 

The manifold adapter plate from the upright kit; is this tapered to keep the right tilt on the carbs?

I'm also looking at standing up my k motor but have been told I'll have float level issues on the sidedraughts if they aren't kept at the right angle. Is the purpose of the plate or does it simply space the manifolds from the head? Curious to know why it's included in the kit if it's simply a spacer..

  • Author

The adaptor plate is not tapered, its just a flat plate. Kit gives you more clearance between the head and the strut tower.

 

Basics of it is new engine mounts, adaptor plate and manifolds..

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.