Josho

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when you go to get another manifold gasket josh, instead of getting the usual ACL ones that are 2 piece (RRP $13) go to BURSONS and ask for a permaseal gasket for a k series. they are actuall the ones listed as a extractor gasket in the LUKEY parts catalog. It took me ages to find these 1 part gaskets and you'll see when you get it how much better they are than the standard ACL ones. plus I bought 2 of them for $16!!!!!! :) :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry:

when you go to get another manifold gasket josh, instead of getting the usual ACL ones that are 2 piece (RRP $13) go to BURSONS and ask for a permaseal gasket for a k series. they are actuall the ones listed as a extractor gasket in the LUKEY parts catalog. It took me ages to find these 1 part gaskets and you'll see when you get it how much better they are than the standard ACL ones. plus I bought 2 of them for $16!!!!!! :) :lolcry: :lolcry: :y:

Just happend to nab me one of them actually! Those 2 piece gaskets are awful, there was about 0.5cm gasket to the side of the 2nd and 3rd exhaust ports! No wonder it blew :lolcry:

make sure shes piped up correctly!

Funny you should mentioned that, where we had the vacuum advance plugged in actually ran down to the base of the carb and sucked air from just above the manifold. So after realising that and wondering where half of the holes in the side of the carb actually went to, used a largeish hole that was already made a bit higher over the butterfly than I would of liked.

It has a bit of a flat spot at the moment but other than that is good, I need a new battery though. :y:

Thanks for the comments guys. :lolcry:

Edited by Josho

Didn't down jet it dude, just went with what it had.

125 primary and 150 secondry.

Wasn't really sure on what the best sized jets would be but I thought I'd give it a run with these to see how it went. Anyone have any suggestions on better sizes or are these an ok size?

• 2 weeks later...

i thought i needed a new battery in my ke70, but i can take the key out while the motor was running, and i was taking they key out when it was off but the key wasnt completely turned anti clockwise with the lock button in, so my clock and stuff would stay on, come morning my battery was flat. charged it, realised what ive been doing wrong, its been over a week and its fine.

• 10 months later...

Update..

Fitted some AJPS gear, still got to sort out the front stuff though.

Sits nice, the 6kg springs + kyb short stroke shocks in the rear are nice and firm, sure they're pretty stiff for street but I like it.

Going to have to flare the guards to get the superlites back on the rear, or even some of the other rims I have.

But also been thinking of buying a cheapish pig KE70 to hack into, I'll feel awful hacking into my car more than I already have :S but really at the end of the day, its only a Corolla.

I still heart the shit out of it though.

post-453-1178538244_thumb.jpg

"KE70 slides" + youtube ftw..

White bonnet will hopefully make a return sometime soon, being all nice and straight without arse dents.

Looking good josh! Will look hot with the superlites on the rear back on! Looking forward to when it rains again :y:

Thanks dude! Yeah, will be a tight fit with them but hopefully I don't come across too many issues getting the guards to a point where they fit.

its raining now!

keen to see them centerlines on there josh!

Yeah keen to get them on there too hey.

Rain? Wish it waited 'til this weekend!

Edited by Josho