Dan's Ke20

Hurricane

well havnt been on hear for some time now, so best get every one up to speed with the rolla?

finish off the turbs motor, blow a new head gasket in the first 4 hrs of driving it LOL so droped the psi back to 5 and its was all good, but then when drining in town the front oil seal in the turbs started to leak heaps, and we used 2ltrs of oil in 2 hrs!! so pulled the motor out and its now sitting in the shed ready for the next turbs setup to be finished using blow thorw webers.

the motor went ok wheel spin any time ya wanted in 2nd and some times 3rd.

turbssetupyv9.jpg

turbssetupfrontshotkd2.jpg

turbssetupblowngasket8pdy6.jpg

Then i got a race cam for the N/A motor, 470 valve lift with 245 duration, wasnt to bad, but the motor wasnt setup for it at all and it got a lil shitty to drive so pulled that out and put the old cam back in and painted the extractors white.

also went to darg track when i had the race cam, and i snap the right hand side axle in the first stageing burnout HAHA so never got to see what it did?

Also just resentlly made a new zorst for it, 2 1/4 all mandle bent with a straight throw muffler at the rear, sounds really good, throught it might of been a little to lound but the muffler really works well. the motor can now breath now LOL

had to also mod the gearbox x member to fit the pipe , as the old one ran over the top of it and it was a pain in that ass to remove. oh and it might look weak but its not, hold an hell of alot of weight.

stockogearboxxmemberfa5.jpg

p1010003qt7.jpg

p1010004zr9.jpg

only f@$k up one bend, could of made it a lil better but it will still work ok.

p1010006gw5.jpg

p1010010sm6.jpg

p1010012yi9.jpg

p1010015my8.jpg

p1010008ws8.jpg

well thats it for now, ill post up more as i go.

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You will keep blowing turbo seals unless you get a turbo with a carbon seal. which is suitable for use with suck through set ups like your. A normal turbo will keep blowing seals as the standard seals are designed to take the pressure applied to them when high levels of vacuum are applied when the throttle butterfly closes.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...