March 17, 201016 yr comment_422315 I don't know if it helps at all Mick but I have a complete bare front half of a KE20. You could practice on it for placement of engine mounts etc, tunnel mods and then do them to your 25 I won't want anything for it, it is chopped in half about where the handbrake assembly is :wub: Report
March 17, 201016 yr Author comment_422316 Thanks for the offer, but I literally have no-where to put it. :wub: Report
March 19, 201016 yr comment_422774 Yo, Mick. I'm always after different projects to practice my TIG skills, I'd love to drag the welder down your way and zap a few panels here and there if you're keen? Floorpan stuff i'm keen to tackle because I can get plenty of thin gauge practice but don't have to stress out about heat warping cosmetic panels! Edited March 19, 201016 yr by philbey Report
March 19, 201016 yr Author comment_422784 If you can do the sill panels and reshape metal I'd let you have a crack at it. Same with the roof if you're confident. I'd also pay you to do it if you can do a pro job :) The panel van needs some work done, but will call you about that later :lolcry: Report
March 25, 201016 yr Author comment_424362 Sourced a new front engine brace. Picking it up tonight! Report
June 19, 201016 yr Author comment_445738 Slight update.... Sourced a T-series with a locked 4.3:1 centre today which happens to be a direct bolt in replacement of the stock rear end. So that half sorts out the driving end of the car. Just need to get my hands on an LSD centre and go from there! Report
June 19, 201016 yr Author comment_445800 Can't get a locker engineered dude! I'm doing this one by the book! Report
June 19, 201016 yr comment_445841 Fun cars can't be engineered...LOL Good work projects take time glad to see this one happening. Cam Report
June 19, 201016 yr comment_445848 I think I dropped off this thread about the time you started talking rotaries.......but have caught up now. I just about fell off the couch laughing at that engine mount. Report
June 19, 201016 yr Author comment_445875 Yep, that ghetto mount was sick! I still have it as a memento from when I pulled the motor out of that 626 and watched the mount split in half! All will be mounted properly. I don't do do things half-assed when it comes to securing motors ;) If you're anti-rotary, then thats a shame. The potential of these motors from stock is pretty awesome, so there was no way I was going to drop a 5K in it when a stock N/A 12A will outperform a worked N/A 5K hands down. Report
June 20, 201016 yr comment_445885 Years ago a few of my mates went rotary, inc an RX2 rally car I navigated in. Very strange feeling with power delivery just continuing to feed in and no engine braking. Then there was the 13B PP RX3...... There is a reason so few of these cars are left now. Every meeting at Phillip Island, at least one of them would roll. Awesome package in such a small car! Edited June 20, 201016 yr by parrot Report
June 21, 201016 yr comment_446189 If you're anti-rotary, then thats a shame. The potential of these motors from stock is pretty awesome, so there was no way I was going to drop a 5K in it when a stock N/A 12A will outperform a worked N/A 5K hands down. I'm going to dissagree with the above 5k vs 12a comment. You know I like my K's and I will always stand up for them, but hey..... The RX in my username has nothing to do with rollas. Hopefully you can see I have the credentials to be taken seriously. Anyway, a stock 12a with a Nikki and a stock exhaust is deffinately no powerhouse. Hence why the first thing most people do is fit an IDA and some extractors/exhaust. As soon as you do these mods it'll open it up a heap!!!!! A worked 5k wouldn't beat the stock 12a, but it would keep up with it a hell of a lot better than most would expect. If you had a race between something like the TRD brothers old 5k powered ke70 rally car and a stocko 12a gen 1 RX7, I would lean toward the KE70 if I had to pick something as quicker. Report
June 21, 201016 yr Author comment_446281 I'm going to dissagree with the above 5k vs 12a comment. You know I like my K's and I will always stand up for them, but hey..... The RX in my username has nothing to do with rollas. Hopefully you can see I have the credentials to be taken seriously.Anyway, a stock 12a with a Nikki and a stock exhaust is deffinately no powerhouse. Hence why the first thing most people do is fit an IDA and some extractors/exhaust. As soon as you do these mods it'll open it up a heap!!!!! A worked 5k wouldn't beat the stock 12a, but it would keep up with it a hell of a lot better than most would expect. If you had a race between something like the TRD brothers old 5k powered ke70 rally car and a stocko 12a gen 1 RX7, I would lean toward the KE70 if I had to pick something as quicker. I'd did state the 'potential' of a stock 12A is pretty awesome, it didnt say it was spectacular :jamie: I've been in Kangaroosa's car. It wasnt completely stock (IDA, and extractors) but boy did it move and move quickly. I have a worked 5K in the panel van. Still yet to get the thing on the road, and it sounds nice, but I don't think its going to have the power delivery that a 12A would have with equivalent money spent on it. The TRD Bros. have a few tricks up their sleeves regarding mods, but that motor is also in a rally car, not something that is street driven every day, The plans for the KE25 is to be fully engineered and street registered and most of all, legal. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now