Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

awesome, thanks buddy :)

I'll try and put some pics and audio of the new zorst up, but nick should tell you it sounds sweet :y:

Also, anyone know how hard it should be to make a remote release for my tailgate, as it would be handy...

Edited by Nitephyre

• 2 weeks later...

Nitephyre, I looked around while I still owned this van... pretty much any KE70 or AE71 fascia will fit if you're using the instrument cluster out of anything other than the original AE71 van one. Main difference was the profile of the front of the cluster perspex (one was curved, the other straight). I thought at the time it may be possible to simply exchange the interior goodies of a tacho dash into the van one's shell, but never checked into it further...

The only other difference was the location of the switch over the radio hole. I never found another dash that had the same sized switch or holes that lined up the same, so you'll have to relocate this switch with a longer wire somewhere. The good thing about the van's dash though, is that a standard DIN stereo fits all the way in, where it sticks out about 2cm in the others.

Then there's the thing about the dash wiring too... can't help with that, sorry...

Would love to see this thing again in it's current form... or swap it for the wagon I've got now (just doesn't seem as cool...)

May the four's be with you

Yota

Edited by Yota

Hey buddy!

It's doing good, have a look at the cruise pics from today and you can get an idea. I meant to take some other shots but didn't get around to it I haven't done much, just put my ROH holy mags on, but I have fixed a few mechanical issues as you would've read in the thread.

Yeah, the tacho cluster i've got is the angled one, and Teddy might happen to have a spare on. As for wiring, a guy on Toymods has put a tacho cluster into his panelvan and he gave me the pinouts for the plugs, as they need swapping around. When I do that next weekend and it works, I'll be posting a PDF with the information on how to do it :jamie:.

I've put the stereo in the standard hole and yes, it fits almost perfectly although the oem brackets don't line up to the holes on my JVC headunit unfortunately.. but it's a snug fit with the fascia so it's not going anywhere soon. I'm going to get one of those pieces of bendy metal with holes in it to just anchor it against the fan piping. Also the 6" speakers fit nicely enough in the pods and they make a nice sound which doesn't leak through the door much ;)

Cheers, Matt :y:

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've gone slightly nuts and done a fully sick mod :D

The spoiler cost me a total of $70ish. $50 for it and $20ish for the Hammertone paint. It didn't come out too badly, I reckon. I'll take a closer up shot of the spoiler tomorrow and add it to the post.

It's hollow fibreglass, so nice and light.

I also took off my rear bumper and "massaged" the LHS bracket so the bonnet sits somewhat straight again, plus sanded back the rust spots and treated them with Killrust. I'm thinking that I *could* be able to straighten it out if I got one of those small portable oxy torch things so I can heat the bar up and "massage" it with my small metal mallet. I'm thinking the small amount of heat will be fine, as the steel is too strong otherwise... What do you reckon?

I'm getting a dash fascia off Matt soon so I can put my tacho cluster in, pics of that when it's in :dance:

Anyhow, Here's Some Pictures I Prepared Yesterday. Enjoy. :dance: :D :y:

100_22101024.JPG

100_22111024.JPG

100_22121024.JPG

100_22141024.JPG

100_22151024.JPG

100_22161024.JPG

100_22171024.JPG

100_22181024.JPG

100_22191024.JPG

100_22201024.JPG

100_22211024.JPG