Ke35- 4agze

ChrisGT

the wheels are prime, i was looking at them a while ago, can you tell me what they set you back?

yeah I'm very haapy with the look of the wheels just have to drop it lower now, i bought the wheels off a guy on ae86drivingclub...they are overrated as only one little scratch, he reckons he paid $2500 for them. I got them off him for $1050 derlivered with 70% tred on front and 20% on rear.

sweet job looks great keep it up :jamie: what did you have to do to the struts for the mr2 inserts to fit?

the mr2 struts are rear ones, and they fit stright in, however they are shorter than a corona one so you either have to cut your struts down, use a spacer or both. I just used a 20mm spacer on the bottom of the insert and the corona gland nut. That seems to work fine, if i cut the tube down the car will end up too low.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dude... i love it

i'm bound to be checking your thread regularly as i'm looking to do pretty much the same conversion in the next 12 months or so

what did you do with the old wheels? if you still have them, and they have decent tyres PM me

thanks for the comments.

Its getting close to starting it now.

I have now put the front struts in, the car sits really well and when I'm able to drive it i will lower it as much as i can:

post-1908-1183286049_thumb.jpg

post-1908-1183286062_thumb.jpg

Also the car is currently in the exhaust shop getting the intercooler pipe work done, throttle body/sc inlet pipe and exhaust done. Once i get it back i will then try and start it.

post-1908-1183286080_thumb.jpg

I'm going to get rid of the cannon and get a 3inch dump pipe. I also respryed the tail light surrounds black, and polished the chrome

• 2 weeks later...
Just found this thread, nice :evil: Especially like:

a) recaro lookalike seats

b) in tank fuel pump

c) wheels

And hey wow your aftermarket extractors fit! Mine (AK specials) didn't, it fouled on the idler arm...

thanks mate....na the AK didnt really fit. I had to cut some of the idler off where it over hangs a bit, and put a little dent in the collector pipe. but it clears buy like 10-15mm. I didnt like to do it this way but have no cash for custom ones at the moment and may swap them later.