My White Ke 11

kickn5k

• 3 months later...
Members dont see this ad

Thread bump.....here I was thinking it was an update! :P

I was going to wait until I had more but block is booked next week for some treatments before machining. I'm waiting on MLS headgasket specs so I can finalize piston bowl size.

I'll get there soon enough, so many custom bits it's still costing me a wedge!! More than a full house 4agte!

• 11 months later...

Update time!!!

I've come to the conclusion a T50 won't like anti-lag, so when a mate offered me a W50 as payment for throwing his 186 holden 6 together, I grabbed it. I got a good swap deal on a cable w series bell. This will allow me to keep my bigger dia flywheel, any additional surface area the better. So thats the box sorted.

On to the engine. I have the TRD head, that has been inspected and given the green light. I bought a set rocker spacers

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/72118-rocker-spacer-offer/page__fromsearch__1

They do look sweet sitting on the head, thanks Gav!

The block, had the water jackets acid cleaned, then some form of treatment. Which I'm not going to divulge until the engine is assembled, you're welcome to guess in the meantime. I can't get it machined until I've decided on head gasket. I have the MLS option, but I'm 80% sure I'll go fire rings and a copper gasket. It is a way more expensive option, $800ish but it will help when I lift the head with 30+++psi.

Still have zero idea on what I'm doing for a diff yet. I'll worry about it when most of the rest is sorted.

Edited by kickn5k

Update time!!!

I've come to the conclusion a T50 won't like anti-lag, so when a mate offered me a W50 as payment for throwing his 186 holden 6 together, I grabbed it. Then I swapped my arp head studs for a cable K to early W bellhousing with ke1069 aka "Peeches". This will allow me to keep my bigger dia flywheel, any additional surface area the better. So thats the box sorted.

On to the engine. I have the TRD head, that has been inspected and given the green light. I bought a set rocker spacers

http://www.rollaclub...__fromsearch__1

They do look sweet sitting on the head, thanks Gav!

The block, had the water jackets acid cleaned, then some form of treatment. Which I'm not going to divulge until the engine is assembled, you're welcome to guess in the meantime. I can't get it machined until I've decided on head gasket. I have the MLS option, but I'm 80% sure I'll go fire rings and a copper gasket. It is a way more expensive option, $800ish but it will help when I lift the head with 30+++psi.

Still have zero idea on what I'm doing for a diff yet. I'll worry about it when most of the rest is sorted.

Great news, keen to see it together mate!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can all be assured, there is updates.

Just no photos. Haha

Ok so I now have 7/16 arp head studs. I've ordered a custom M.L.S head gasket(once ive seen the quality I'll buy 10 and offer group buy). I have also acquired a new diff and half made some 4140 hubs for a 5 stud convo(I'll leave that for later). The block is off getting the cam bearings pulled and hot tank ready for cryo treatment. Not everything, but with no photos it's enough for the moment.