Everything posted by SLO-030
-
Photo Shoot - Rollaclub Calendar 2009
Was an awesome day out, thanks to Mick for organising it all. Couldnt have found a better place for a photoshoot. I loved the cruise home along Gorge Rd, one i sort out where my death rattles are coming from id love to get out there again with you guys. Definatly a great bunch of blokes and blokette :y: I think i sense a rollaclub only day out comin on.
-
Se Ke30?
I now have a 78 Ke30 SE. Got the Vinyl seats, rear window demister, radio and foam door handles. and on the other hand Ke30rollaMyles has the 78 CS with the strap doorhandles. Like Doug said, they put on whatever they had at hand and whacked on whatever badge that was at the top of the pile.
-
4k Superchargeing
Ahhh fair nuff fair nuff. I will also be supercharging a 4k and using the carb Philbey has (same as the one you ran). Thanks for the pics you could supply. I be she went like a cut cat.
-
Southern Cruise Note Your Intrest
I think this cruise should be called: Shnitty @ the Victor Hotel, with addtional cruise to and from. I think everyone that comes on this cruise should have a compulsory Shnitty for lunch. and If your a vegitarian....like chopper would say, Harden the F*&K up.
-
What Brightens My Day
The thought of my new rolla. T minus 1.5 days and counting
-
Key-bangers
Id use the pedal aswel the secret is to space pedal pumps out a and get the raw fuel right thru the engine and into the exhaust system and then BOOM, maximum enjoyment usually follows.
-
** Show And Shine** Nov 16th + South Cruise
DOOF DOOF |blink|
-
** Show And Shine** Nov 16th + South Cruise
Will i have extra wooden spoon points if i have un painted bog and a tin of bog and wax and grease remover in the back seat? how about stopping every 10km and pretending to top up oil and coolant?? Any ideas people? i just wanna win something to make me feel special inside |blink|
-
Southern Cruise Note Your Intrest
I just had a beef parmy shnitty when i went to victor on the Adelaide Ute Club cruise. First time id been to Victor in years. I'm sure everything they do is on the same awesomeness level of a mean Parmy shnitty.
-
Cutting Stock Springs
Coil springs can be reset too |blink| I think they have added what you have quoted because most people would attempt it in their backyard with no way to re-harden the spring. I'm sure it is legal if its done professionally.
-
Key-bangers
I was original from '71 what do ya expect? Sports system off the yella one ftw
-
Key-bangers
I'll be churning a few out in the new 30 on the cruise to the adelaide show and shine next weekend. my mates 3K ke36 used to do mad key bangers. the bottom half of the rear muffler was missing :o . Tried one in my old 25 with no avai :( , least Raven can sleep easy now |blink|
-
** Show And Shine** Nov 16th + South Cruise
I'm down for the southerners meet. Will we be taking the expressway? or shoot down South Rd? as i can join in during the cruise out, saves me from double backing. (not all that far, but its still valuble petty) Lookin forward to it
-
Spotted
Spotted a little white ke3x/5x heading south along South Rd at about 5pm today. Driven by a lady in her 30's or 40's. haoon std REALLY shiney trim rings stockys.
-
Cutting Stock Springs
It is completely legal. The reason you don't grind or heat the springs is because it removes the hardness from the spring steel. When resetting the springs they are "annealed" meaning they are heated to remove the hardness. the springs are then reset to the specified level. then they are heated to a predetermined temprature then oil quenched (special quenching oil, not old sump oil) to produce the hardness needed to prevent sag over time. If removing the hardness is the illegal part then either cut them with a hacksaw or something that produces little or no heat from cutting or slowly cut the spring using a thin blade on a grinder making sure the spring is kept cool (as long as its cool enough to touch it should be fine). but don't cut them down to the point they are not captive at full suspension droop/ Working at a spring makers helps teach ya about the hardness and heat part of it. NOTE: I do not endorse the cutting of your springs. It is completely up to the owner of the car. Either send the springs to be reset or get a new set.
-
Southern Cruise Note Your Intrest
I should be down for this. If anyone is looking for a decent feed the Victor Hotel (adjacent to the whale tail) does a mean Shnitty parmy :y :jamie:
-
** Show And Shine** Nov 16th + South Cruise
I'm gonna try for the Wooden spoon. Pickin up my 30 the week before and i got a little bit of boggin to do. might leave it unpainted to give me a leading edge :jamie:
-
Spotted
Spotted Lesley on friday arvo on South road at Regencyt park. You'd just crossed Regency Road heading south.
-
4k Superchargeing
Hey mate, would you be able to get any close up pics of the mounting setup/brackets? CHEERS Ryan
-
** Show And Shine** Nov 16th + South Cruise
will be there. get my rolla the week before so all is good :D
-
Fuel Leaking
mine had the washer bottle mounted on the rear battery clamp rod. probably safe to say they were in every rolla made from ke3x onwards :D
-
Fuel Leaking
my 25 didnt, i don't think any ke1x oe ke2x ran a charcoal canister. I know the rolla i will be acquiring soon has one (ke30)
-
5k Timing Cover
I say thats a negative. you have studs thru the sump which need to be lifted upwards in order to remove. but at the same time the crank is stopping it from lifting upwards. id probably loosen off all the nuts and bolts that hold the sump on and drop the front of the sump enough to clear the studs on the timing cover. once removed id remove the studs from the bottom of the timing cover and replace them with bolts, saves you from having to drop the sump again :D hope that helps
-
4k Superchargeing
just mount the carb inside an enclosure like taz rx has done. that way there is equal pressure on the inside and outside of the carb.
-
#%#$ing Health System
The health system is appauling. no other way to say it. Hope your son is ok, best wishes.