Ke2x Members Page

irokin

Yeah Scott it is, previously previously haydo's... I looked at it when he was selling it but my offer was short... Then i tracked it down and bought it off the guy who bought it off haydo...

Whitewalls are very much needed, the wall line is cut in and ready, just need to ring Whitewalls S.A

Benzo, may i ask you how you fixed your visor to the car? what type of bracket did you use, the reason i ask is because i got a visor off a old lady down the road (ke20 owner) and all it has are bolts and no brackets... photo would be great if possible...

Thanks for the comments...

Edited by smeetsy1

Members dont see this ad

Name:

Car: 1973 ke20 2door

Motor & Driveline: did have a 5k in it when I bought it but didn't go. Once bodywork is done, the 4K out of my ke55 is going in it. Rebuilt 12 months ago, 40 overthou piston and bore, 3K head, shaved, mildly reground cam, electronic dizzy and coil, twin SU caburettors, oil catch can. Standard driveline, looking at a locked diff.

Suspension & Brakes: Looking to put bigger brakes on the ke20 and some coil overs.

Wheels & Tyres: 13" either the black hotwires off my ke55 or rechromed mags off of an old graveyard ke30.

Interior: Black bucket racing seats, black and white/orange trim, sony cd deck, 6" speakers, 6x9 speakers, maybe a couple of 10" subs as well. Dash was cracked completely into three, currently down at Bendigo dashboards being a donor for a mould for my new dash :)

Body: Currently stripped back almost completely to bare metal. Going to paint it the original orange - it looks sweet! There were 3 different layers of different coloured paints on the thing. Need to organise some oxy bottles so that I can weld up a little bit of rust holes here and there.

Other: as you can tell this car is still in the project stage and has halted recently since moving from Dubbo to Wollongong to Orange. It still being back in Dubbo in a storage shed and us having no money to go and get it and nowhere to put it at the current stage. ;) So I'm organising trims and tinting at the moment. Wanting to do it all myself. Ah satisfaction when I finish :hmm:

post-5737-1210253679_thumb.jpg

post-5737-1210253702_thumb.jpg

Edited by corolla_nut

your keen kylie, ill give you that.

youve got alot of work ahead of you.

i think a brake upgrade is very unnessary, by the looks of your wheels it already has ke30 or possible ke55 brakes all round, which will pull up your mild 4k very easily.

goodluck with the build and keep us updated.

cheers, scott

Yeah Scott it is, previously previously haydo's... I looked at it when he was selling it but my offer was short... Then i tracked it down and bought it off the guy who bought it off haydo...

Whitewalls are very much needed, the wall line is cut in and ready, just need to ring Whitewalls S.A

Benzo, may i ask you how you fixed your visor to the car? what type of bracket did you use, the reason i ask is because i got a visor off a old lady down the road (ke20 owner) and all it has are bolts and no brackets... photo would be great if possible...

Thanks for the comments...

Hey Will, you have to drill the holes through the gutter and screw it on mate..

Whats the visor like? nice and shiny still?

Needs walls and slammage tho..

Cheers, Ben.

Visor isn't in the best condition, silver is all still very good just the mesh - probably replacing that...

Yes i know you need to drill through the gutter, it has already been done, i was more asking about the

brackets you used... hardware store? - as you can see i am clueless as to what brackets and where to get

them...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys, i am looking for some lowering blocks for my '26, i have tried a few local shops and they say they don't have listings for the ke2X range. So just wondering where does everyone normally get them? And also anyone have a recent price?

Cheers

Mic

mic, they should have a listing for KE3# blocks.

they will fit sweet.

cheers, scott

Ah fair enough, so they are just the same thing. Sweet thanks Scotty, will enquire tomorrow, any places you usually get them from?

Mic

Hey Mic, here in Sa I like Outlaw Speed Shop, but yeah you can get em from anywhere, Autobarn, Sprints etc.

Thought I'd put up a pic of my current KE20 that is for sale.

1 owner, very original all tools and tool bag, very good interior, has usual KE20 rust, good daily though.

Cheers, Ben.

post-2493-1213230601_thumb.jpg

Ah thanks Ben, will do a bit of a ring around then.

Nice looking '20. You guys down in SA have some nice ke2X's ay! Very jealous! They seem to last a lot longer down there than up here in Sydney!

Mic

The ke20 has now had a tune and service, needs springs, shocks, brake hoses, universal joint and diff replaced but luckily i have all those parts in my shed :lolcry:

So next week all items above are going to be replaced with new ones...! I have now got the whitewalls as you can see in the pics. Enjoy.

Oh and today i was driving down Cross road and heard the "La Cucaracha" horn behind me... turns out its Benzo's old ke20... i see the new owner around the place, is he on rollaclub?

p1040880tg7.th.jpg

p1040883tp3.th.jpg

Edited by smeetsy1

Far out that looks sexy as Will, needs to be slammed at the rear, sunvisor on and then it would be perfect! sell it to me hahaha

Yeah new owners name is Mitch, he's on here has created a new rides thread for it.

Hopefully mine will be sold soon so I can begin something else...

Cheers, Ben.

Edited by benzo