Si's 5kte Ke55

Taz_Rx

:yes: I aint chasing that torque figure then!!

I have been think how long it would take you to make that decision with no body interested in buying it!!

PM me some info and prices on any parts you're looking at! :o

oH, AND DO YOU THINK YOU'LL WANT TO GO BACK TO A 5K AFTER THE 7K!!?? :hmm:

Members dont see this ad
:yes: I aint chasing that torque figure then!!

I have been think how long it would take you to make that decision with no body interested in buying it!!

PM me some info and prices on any parts you're looking at! :o

oH, AND DO YOU THINK YOU'LL WANT TO GO BACK TO A 5K AFTER THE 7K!!?? :hmm:

Maybe not,but i like the RPM of the little buggers though.

Ill just blow a few pound over it for now,like 7-8 PSI.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a bit more work done over the xmas break while I am still waiting on parts......

Got an ignitor and wired that in, so appart from the air temp sender (2 wires) the ECU is now completely wired. This setup is only an interum thing until I get a CAS, 4 coils and ignitors etc. Then it will be re-tuned with sequential injection.

0104081844-00.jpg

Next, this was the "have to finish at xmas" part!!! :P

As illuded to in an earlier post, when polishing the runners, I got a little carried away with the dremel and started polishing the upper half of the mani and plenum!! Ofcourse this meant I had to finish it!!! :P :) Was majorly pitted (see b4 pic) and took a lot of work just to take that out. All I can say is amen to sanding flapper wheels, would have given up if it wasn't for them. :)

b4.......

100_1526.jpg

after.....

0104081845-00.jpg

will get a better pic of it later on the camera.

Yeah trev, as soon as you start doing it you may regret it as it can be a lot of work...but on the other hand, if you do finish it off I know you'll be 1000% happier!!! :)

The real trick to polishing metal is all in the 'prep' type work, like doing a nice re-sprsay. Yeah sure you can polish pitted alloy and make it shiny, but its just like polishing a bonnet etc that has shocking orange peel paint!!! :drgrim: :blazin:

Get the surface nice and smooth, I'm talking use file if need be (thats how far I had to go with my IDA one!! :P ) then 80, 150, 400 dry then wet, wet 800 then 1200, depends how far you wanna go!!

How does the old expression go......Can't polish a turd!!!!! :P

I go take some more pics now with the camera. :)