• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not original by any means and old and heavy but...

3tgte ke70 .. just ran a 14.59@153k

mods are 2.5" exhaust, pod filter and a plumb back vr4 bov (std boost that creeps to 13psi). not bad for a stock turbo engine without an intercooler

how bout an FJ20ET if you can find one heh heh

Edited by AE25

hey guys I'm just wonderin do people think a 1ggte is too heavy in a ke70?

running on gas with tank in boot and battery in boot, along with about 40 or 50 kilo of subs box and amps? this would probably balance alright wouldnt it?

thanks

~andrew~

the mechanic i get trade price parts thru, he used to have a ke70 with a 1g-gte. said it was great in a straight line, not as good as it used to be around corners

that being said, it's sprung weight so you can GET it to handle, just depends how much you want to spend on suspension development and/or how willing you are to cut your car up and move the engine rearwards of the firewall where it should be :lolcry:

yeah gaijun doru, is he the same bloke as 1g-gte ke70 on toymods? i think it is, saw him tryna sell his wheels here

I'm actually lookin at buyin his whole setup and puttin it into my 70, 2000 he wants for it

he never would say what happened to the engine lol

on upper cylinder lubrication? what does that mean and what will the damage be?

what mite u say is a better conversion to do?

with suspension if u have adjustable coilovers on strong springs and bilstein shocks, would that help my cause in the handling department, coz i really do like my firewall the way it is

thanks guys, I'm interested to here more, as I'm thinking 2000 for everything i need to get a 1g into my car is good, and if the damage isnt serious ill just rebuild, if not a new engine isnt too hard to find with no ecu

thanks again

~andrew~

yeah from my talking with him he's a lazy fella lol

he 'sold' his wheels and front suspension (2 seperate transactions) and then can never be bothered taking them off the car and shipping them so he doesnt actually sell them, just lets the sale fall thru. hence why he wants me to take the whole car lol

so what sort of damage can we presume has been done to that engine due to its lack of upper cylinder lube (?)

2000 can get me alot of things, including a 1ggte, w57, alfa lsd, 15*8 and 15*7 wheels, modded to fit ke70 ra60 front struts and adjustable coilovers, lpg setup, and a 'straight' ke70. is that good? from what i can work out its prob not a bad deal as i could sell all the parts off if i never use them....

any thoughts?

thanks

~andrew~

p.s. i graduated today :( :( :lolcry: :(

Edited by love ke70