Paperwork For Changing 3k To 4k In Ke20

Vaster_KE20

Members dont see this ad

hey there, ive done this a million times, just go down to DOT with the car, ask for the form where you can change the cars "particulars", eg. engine number, colour etc, (not exactly sure the exact name of the form is) fill it out and hand it in, it doesnt cost a thing.

I'm pretty certain you will actually need a Mod Plate.

In QLD if a vehicle has had a modification were factory mounting points have been changed or modified, or the vehicle was not manufactured with that modification ie they never were produced with that engine e.t.c you will need a mod plate.

so you will need a engineer to look over they transplant, he's signs off on it considering all is right, then he will make up a plate pop rivet it to the car, then you take your paperwork he gives you down to DOT and they do the rest.

I'm pretty certain that's what is meant to happen. i've just been threw it all. luckily i work with three qualified engineers so if you want it down give me a yell and i can help you out cheers

^^^^^^^WRONG!!!

Phatke30 is correct. Just go in and change your number.

In the modifications guide for engineers it states that the same series of engine can be bolted into certain cars. eg. 202 into lj torana ect ect. and requires no mod plate. It also gives the max size for each particular vehicle.

JC807 beat me to it. I'm quite certain that in QLD you can change to an engine no more than 200cc bigger than the original and no mod plate is required. Just get the form to change the engine number and it should be fine. If in doubt just ask them over the counter...

My KE36 with a "slightly" worked 3Tc wasn't even mod-plated!! :kiwi:

Never got caught tho!!

My current KE36 has a 4k, and it was installed before the car was passed for rego inspection. it passed fine, and just has the 4k engine number on the papers..easy peasy