My 7k Conversion Done (running)

ke70 kid

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure when I got my 7K (which was in a ke35 at the time) the sump had been swapped for the 35 sump.

P.S. Haven't been on here in months so I'm going through and reading all the old 7k threads.

i seriously doubt that as we tried a 3k and 4k sump and they both didn't even line up to the 7k block. The only one we didn't try was a 5k sump so we had to cut the 7k sump to clear the crossmember instead.

Edited by 78_7kRolla

• 3 weeks later...
so apart from knockin in the sump, using the 4k box, clutch, flywheel, and engine mounts.....there was no modifications needed at all?

I did my conversion on a KE30, and the sump had to be modified quite a bit. Also the engine mounts had to be shimmed otherwise it wouldnt bolt up. Anyone who says its bolt in is lieing! I also found out the hard way that the 7K fly and clutch, although it will fit, doesnt drive well at all, and requires mods to bellhousing. I also had to disconnect the heater, as the hoses and fitting were different sizes, and also had impossible bends in them

• 1 year later...
i wonder how long a standard K40 and clutch assy lasts behind a worked 7K. mmm.

My stock 7k just have a K50 behind it.

...but yeah I don't trust that. Thats why I have a K-W50 sitting there ready for my next project. :D

7k = 80 hp (60 kW) at 4600 RPM and 103 ft·lbf (139 N·m) at 2800 RPM

4k = 65 hp (48 kW) at 5600 RPM and 72 ft·lbf (97 N·m) at 3600 RPM

not enough to blow diffs?

i wouldnt bother for 25hp and 40nm more, i prob can get that with a dodgy turbo 4kc

my 2 cents anyways :wink:

7k = 80 hp (60 kW) at 4600 RPM and 103 ft·lbf (139 N·m) at 2800 RPM

4k = 65 hp (48 kW) at 5600 RPM and 72 ft·lbf (97 N·m) at 3600 RPM

not enough to blow diffs?

i wouldnt bother for 25hp and 40nm more, i prob can get that with a dodgy turbo 4kc

my 2 cents anyways :wink:

that torque would make a HUGE difference, and you will find the 7k with mild work would be much more lively than that.

and its gonna be alot neater and more headache free than a turbo 4k, and probably cost about the same, depending on factors...