Des

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To get anything close to 260rwhp you will need alot more then just bumped up compression.

my old boss has a VS Speedway car runs a ecotec v6, standard stroke, knifed edged crank, balance shaft removed, runs external oil pump, external water pump, monster cam, around 5k invested in the heads, ported stock manifold, standard throttle body (class regs) compression ratio of 11.0:1 v6 supercharged injectors, kalmaker software runs vn ecu with tune to suit. made 258rwhp

you wont come out wiht much changed from 10k there

good luck getting 260rwhp out of just shaved heads.

To get anything close to 260rwhp you will need alot more then just bumped up compression.

my old boss has a VS Speedway car runs a ecotec v6, standard stroke, knifed edged crank, balance shaft removed, runs external oil pump, external water pump, monster cam, around 5k invested in the heads, ported stock manifold, standard throttle body (class regs) compression ratio of 11.0:1 v6 supercharged injectors, kalmaker software runs vn ecu with tune to suit. made 258rwhp

you wont come out with much changed from 10k there

good luck getting 260rwhp out of just shaved heads.

Nah not going for 260rwhp, 260 flywheel hp as it doesn't need much more than that in this car.

I have all ready priced up my head work which includes: Rebuilt heads with all new valves and re cut seats, Gaskets, Shaving them down to get the compression ratio up and some light porting to take out casting marks etc.

EDIT: That done for $600 - $700

Edited by AE70

Holy crap, id get the head work done too while its apart. If it went that high, it may well be warped.

Buick motors run hot so hopefully its all right. Thermo fans don't come on till 98c.

Hurry up, Do you still have to get a bonnet buldge for the twins?

From my half arsed measurements they will poke through a bit but meh.

The heads should be allright but they will be getting skimed a tad and crack tested just incase.

Well its been back on the road for a little while now on the stock heads etc.

Got a set of spare VP heads to rebuild, Graphite Gaskets, VP inlet manifold for twins.

The Corona's new look.

post-1746-1183875912_thumb.jpg