How To Fit A W50 To A K Series Motor

Taz_Rx

True K boxes had a cast bell on the front of them.

This car also had the 2U motor so most likely K to W as well. as a T box is different on the front.

Also can I get the vin number of the car this is from at all? If I could I can tell you EVERYTHING that car had factory with the EPC and more..lol So that will confirm if not what motor did this van have and also what year is it then i can do a deeper search.

Cameron

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a K-W I used to have one of them in my possession, they have 9 small studs around in a circle. I think the steel case W50's and W40's look like that, may be worth trying.

Second from the left is a steel case W50, I reakon it's a match.

t50w50.jpg

Cool thanks for the replies guys. :jamie:

Yeah I reckon the w50 in that pic looks pretty close, just hard to tell cause its dark.

So what is a w50 actually out of?? and would anybody have any idea of how the shifter is gunna line up with a ke55??

The W50 is out of RA23/28 and RA40 Celica's and the W40 is out of Corona

I dare say you'll have to cut a new gear shifter hole further back but don't quote me on that.

Some W50 box's have different shifter positions than other W50's aswell but i guess thats between the Ra23/28 and Ra40's

Cool thanks for the replies guys. :jamie:

Yeah I reckon the w50 in that pic looks pretty close, just hard to tell cause its dark.

So what is a w50 actually out of?? and would anybody have any idea of how the shifter is gunna line up with a ke55??

Pretty sure the W50 and W40 were behind most of the early RWD Toyotas (eg Crowns, Coronas, R-series Celicas ie RA28, but not early T-series ones like the TA22)

every one that said w40-w50 is correct, will not fit w55-57-58 or 59 boxes as when i ordered the bellhousing for the rolladore i needed one to fit a W58, but they sent a W40-50 by mistake that was identical to that. the other W boxes have about 9 bolts and a much larger cutout like a oval kind of shape. One other thing to check for, when i ordered mine there was 3 different input shaft lengths so the correct bellhousing needs to go with the right gearbox. this my not be the case with w40-50 but may need to be checked on.

K to T bellhousings from early ke35 ( pre mid76 ) t50 came with wire clutch. The one in the photo might be one of those, as it does not

have a raised stand for the pivotball just inside the forkhole, like mine does . Also , the forkhole is in slightly different position and I

don't have the sqare hole on the top. I belive mine is out of a ke74, but will never know for sure.

Edited by tojo2