Ke70 Wagon Sleeper

HRV-00S

Finally starting to get somewhere, have had some issues with the motor as you do when you don't really know what your doing, but all seems well at the moment and should be rolling on the dyno in a week or so.

Ditched the 4A for a 4K for rego :wink:

post-3379-1191624535_thumb.jpg

I read on here somewhere that all you need to be an official member is to have a few primer patches where you've cut the rust out of your rolla :hmm: well I'm getting there, have removed rust from both rear arches, both B+C pillars, both rear corners under the bumper, around the tail gate and along the drip rails. So much bog, so little time. Also ground out a heap of old bog that had started to crack. It's not perfect just good enough to get her through rego :no:

post-3379-1191624491_thumb.jpg

Added a bit of a flare while I was at it

post-3379-1191624471_thumb.jpg

Cheers Harvo

Edited by HRV-00S

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks man, there looking a bit better now they have some primer on there. Time for a rattle can respray :no:

Yeah mate, once it's back on the road I'll relocate the battery to my other speaker box in the back of the wagon. I was wondering if I could run the power back to a distribution block in the engine bay so i don't have to run a heap of wires through the cabin?

Edited by HRV-00S

OK, just a quick up date. Been getting busy with it over the last week because it's booked in for a run on the dyno next Monday and I have a mates engagement party coming up soon and I need some where to sleep :D

Almost have the rust under control and the flares came up alright with a coat of paint.

Passenger side

post-3379-1192102495_thumb.jpg

Drivers side

post-3379-1192102517_thumb.jpg

Fiber glass bog is the shit :D

• 5 weeks later...
any dyno results? I miss this car!!!!

Not yet mate, sent it off a few weeks ago for a tune and ended up having to re-do some of the dodge wiring :yes:

but he did give it a run up on the dyno to bed the rings in and it made 115rwkw@6-7psi. Should be plenty more left in her, going for a nice safe tune with lowish boost. (At least to start with :hmm: ) Just waiting for a throttle position switch to get it going again.

dude your wagon rules,drop it on the ground with some phat rims!!

Thanks man :lolcry:

Just got a RT104 corona today for $50 should run like a dream after a tune up (wasn't happy with 5mm plug gaps) running heaps better know. So I got a spare set of 14's on it, and I'm gonna hit a mate up for his old TRX rim's of his paddock basher cause I've got some good tyres for them already.

The new toy

post-3379-1195119299.jpg

Cheer's Harvo

• 1 month later...

Finally got my car back from the tuners, but still yet to be tuned. Brought it home to work on over the holidays cause the tuner wasn't happy with the pod sitting right behind the radiator. So the planed battery relocation has been bumped to the top of the list of "things to do".

Still need to make some brackets to hold the battery secure, but it's tucked away in the other false speaker box in the back same as the fuel pump/surge tank. And with the little bit of spare time I've had over the last few days I started making the heat shield/cold air box for the pod filter behind the left hand head light. I'm starting an apprenticeship at the start of 08 with a 4 week induction in Sydney starting on the 21st of January, so I'm hoping to have it ready to be rego'ed by the time I get home from that because the new job is a 30-40 min drive depending on how much boost I run :y: so I really need it on the road by then.

2ndchristmas019.jpg

boxlid006.jpg

boxlid001.jpg

Cheers Harvo

• 1 month later...