Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

WOW, I found this all the way back on page 8!!! and still my car is at the workshop nearly 5 months later. Would have to be nearly out of rego by now :dance:

So, all the time and money spent modding the computer/small port dizzy was a wast. It now has a custom trigger wheel/haul effect? sensor spinning off the crank pulley which also had to be modified along with the pulley on the alternator for clearance. It was firing randomly at start-up/low rpm which wasn't noticeable with the dizzy but with the coil packs it was a different story.

Well this is what the engine bay looked like when it left, still so much to do, it's depressing to look at :yes:

DSC02984.jpg

Cheers Dan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, it's been a while :doh:

Yeah I've still got the car, but I dropped the rego after having more troubles with it, parked it in my dads shed and walked away. After replacing the dead lift pump with a new one I couldn't get it to fire and just gave up on it.

Good news is it's fixed and running again as of last weekend, was a dodgy earth connection :laff:

She made 240hp just shy of 180rwkw and was a real f@#kin handful when you open her up, comes on boost hard with the big high flowed turbo on there. does suffer a bit of lag tho, but you get that.

For now I'm playing with an old Datsun Skyline coupe that I got given, cleaning it up for rego now and will probably give it a coat of paint then flog it of to fund a new computer for the wagon, maybe :(

Cheers Dan