May 11, 200818 yr comment_245700 Cool. Sounds like its coming along nicely. You need to hurry it up so we can go cruising man. Hope you get it back soon, Would look much nicer in your driveway rather than the shop. Cheers Jake Report
May 11, 200818 yr comment_245725 Thats a good amount of power, Bet ya glad you didnt sell it now. Report
May 11, 200818 yr comment_245746 Hope she's ready for the cruze, sounds like its going to haul ass. Go the wagon ! coil set up does look very nice how you've done it. :) Good spark = more power= fun in the wagon! :D Report
July 18, 200818 yr Author comment_262080 WOW, I found this all the way back on page 8!!! and still my car is at the workshop nearly 5 months later. Would have to be nearly out of rego by now :dance: So, all the time and money spent modding the computer/small port dizzy was a wast. It now has a custom trigger wheel/haul effect? sensor spinning off the crank pulley which also had to be modified along with the pulley on the alternator for clearance. It was firing randomly at start-up/low rpm which wasn't noticeable with the dizzy but with the coil packs it was a different story. Well this is what the engine bay looked like when it left, still so much to do, it's depressing to look at :yes: Cheers Dan Report
October 15, 200817 yr comment_281638 Read the whole tread, very good reading. I hope you still got this car, 220hp?, what about now after 6 months in the workshop? Report
October 21, 200817 yr Author comment_283406 Hey, it's been a while :doh: Yeah I've still got the car, but I dropped the rego after having more troubles with it, parked it in my dads shed and walked away. After replacing the dead lift pump with a new one I couldn't get it to fire and just gave up on it. Good news is it's fixed and running again as of last weekend, was a dodgy earth connection :laff: She made 240hp just shy of 180rwkw and was a real f@#kin handful when you open her up, comes on boost hard with the big high flowed turbo on there. does suffer a bit of lag tho, but you get that. For now I'm playing with an old Datsun Skyline coupe that I got given, cleaning it up for rego now and will probably give it a coat of paint then flog it of to fund a new computer for the wagon, maybe :( Cheers Dan Report
October 21, 200817 yr Author comment_283418 how did u get the water pump so clean or is it new? Had a new pump on there when I got it mate, but there ain't nothin' a wire wheel on a drill can't clean up :laff: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now