• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now for sale/eoi/swap

Don't do it.

What dizzy do you need as i will help if you keep the car, I will even rebuild a dizzy for you for real cheap, Like under $20

Edited by AE70

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm over my little hissy fit and soldiering on with it, I forget to set my alarm last night and slept in for work so I chucked a sicky and done some work on the wagon.

I got some LS1 coils and leads and will run them with the small port dizzy as a CAS. I'm getting a cap made up for the dizzy out of alloy after the last one that was on there melted due to a piss poor manifold design.

Got the coils mounted up, just need to get it back down to the work shop for some new wires and re-tune and hopefully all will be well again.

DSC02973.jpg

I have a felling my pre-pump may be on the way out, so I'm looking into an in-tank set-up just like Med-mans wright up in the FAQ section >here<not sure if the wagon has a similar tank/pick up to the sedan but I'll find out.

I've also made up a dumpy tip for the exhaust because where it finished the fumes were getting swirled around under the bumper and creeping in to the cabin. After being quoted $75 for a shiny 3" dumpy tip that I was going to pain black anyway I went a bought a 90 degree mandrel bend for $20 and chopped it up. The bloke at the exhaust shop flared the end out for free too :nervous:

1/3 the price and better then the real thing!

DSC02975.jpg

In the process of making a strut brace for the front to, since we do f@#k all else at work/tafe I'm building this to keep me busy. Got the end plates and brackets made up, just need to TIG them together and make up the brace. There's nothing to it really for how much you pay for the "real" thing.

Cheers Dan

Hahah Succch an angry vehicle :nervous:

Angry? no It's just a little cranky!

i like the coil setup, how much are the coils worth? and how much will the custom small leads cost?

did you price up any COP options?

LS1 coils from Haltech $80ea, they come with built in ignitors and plugs to. I mounted the coils there so I could use the standard LS1 leads and my mechanic was kind enough to split a pack for me. $40 for 4. I did have a set of COP plugs lined up second hand but couldn't be stuffed chasing a loom to suit from a 1zz-fe/2az-fe.

So i guess you sorted out the dizzy issues? |blink|

Hope so i wanna see this next to mine at the track :lol:

Not sorted yet mate but working on it, it's going back to the shop on Monday.

At the track hay, I'll have to stick the ceramic button clutch back in then. Nah maybe one day when I can afford to brake shit :lol:

Cheers Dan

• 1 month later...

Well......over a month has gone by and my wagon is still at the shop :D

Had to have the dizzy modifed to run with the Autronic ecu, then had to have the ecu modded as well with a Dwell moduel/sensor? which took ages to turn up. With a bit of stuffing around it was running again last I herd and still needing to be tuned.

Last night at my bro in laws birthday I was chating to this pissed mate of his about mechanics and shit. Told him my car was at this particular workshop and he was like:

Pissed bloke: Is it a corolla?

Me: Yeah.

Pissed bloke: A white one?

Pissed bloke: The wagon?

Pissed bloke: Thats your car!

Me: Yeah :)

Turns out he was at the work shop next door (the shop that done the machine work for me) when they heard it spool up an dump they had to have a look. The dude was blown away by this little wagon on the dyno that was pushing out 220rwhp :P:

Made my day, the guy couldn't get over it.

So it would seem that all is going well at this stage, getting worried about the bill but the guy doing it loves it and the longer he has it there the less he seems to charge.

I'll up-date when it's home again if all goes well.

Cheers

Dan